Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i've been thinking about this and allot of sledders want to get the pro-x shorty seat for there sleds and because the seats were in very limited number's many people can't get the seats. well i think i may have found an answer for some of you... buy a 07 super sport 550 seat there the same as the pro-x2's. don't beleive me check it out. look under seat type.
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Snowmobiles/2007Models/TrailLuxury/SuperSport/

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
ya its a little strange that a 550 fan has a shorty seat. most people i see riding these are young 10-13 year old with there sister or brother on the back, fallowing there parents.

oh ya these seats are probaly a lot better for other sleds because they dont say "prox" on the side

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
and they are black, so u don't have to worry baout getting a red one with a blue sled. showed my friend that the other day. i wonder how much they will charge for the seats.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ beats me i didn't know if you guys knew abtou this so i figured i'd tell you abotu it. i think the new 550 fan looks sweet. to bad it didnt have a stronger chassis/ suspension so you could jump it more. if it had a stronger chassis there'd be one sitting in my shed right now.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty
[br]They are also taller, Why would you want to raise the center of gravity?
It is better for my body, as I age I like my hips above my knees.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'd like to put a shorty or boss seat on my xc but they don't make them for my sled or do they ????

·
Registered
855 Posts
so I just need to custome fit an edge tank and I'm set for the pro-x seat or the Boss or either??

·
Registered
94 Posts
the only difference is that ir has the tail light in the seat and a pro x 2 seat does not but yah its almost the same

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
While looking at the sled on line I also noticed another thing that may be an advantage.

[attachment=51826]

they come with a a bar riser stock as well as a piece to cover up the area of the bars below the normal bar pad. That is a piece that many of us edge riders would like to have after raising the bars, cover up the ugly wires and cables.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Looks like the X2 seat and the SS seat are the same. The 440 race sleds have a seat thats taller, narrower, and firmer. They look very close to the same, but easy to tell after sitting on both of them.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Once youve ridden sled with a taller seat, youd never want to go back to something with a low seat.
Tall seats are so much more comfortable and the talling seating position makes you feel so much more in control of the sled.
Ive got a Pro-X seat on my '01 EDGE X and I love it. The stock EDGE seat sucks. I found it to be very uncomfortable for long riders.
Polaris designed the '07 SuperSport to appeal to teenager snocross racer wannabes, thats why it has the X2 seat and tall handlebars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts