Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so one of these days I'm probably going to buy an edge tank and pro x shorty seat to bolt onto my 97 XCR 440. What are some different ways of doing it? I'm guessing mostly all I will have to do is drill some new holes and fabricate a bracket.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
ive done quite a few. you have to drill the rear tank holes and the front of the tank you can get some 1 inch angle iron and cut it into two 3 inch strips and use self tapping screws to screw them to the steerin column support hoop to hold the front of the tank down sometimes you need to make a 1 inch tab to relocate the holes for your coolent and oil tanks that will push them out a little further and then add a washer underneith them for added jackshaft clearence then just drill the seat holes and your done theres some pics in my gallery of my indy

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm that doesnt sound too bad.... kinda what I had in mind. I'm going have to check out these pictures. And thanks I'll keep this is mind for later on when I find a seat in tbay.... my buddy just bought the tank/seat I was gunna buy!! grrrr....lol
polaris91 said:
ive done quite a few. you have to drill the rear tank holes and the front of the tank you can get some 1 inch angle iron and cut it into two 3 inch strips and use self tapping screws to screw them to the steerin column support hoop to hold the front of the tank down sometimes you need to make a 1 inch tab to relocate the holes for your coolent and oil tanks that will push them out a little further and then add a washer underneith them for added jackshaft clearence then just drill the seat holes and your done theres some pics in my gallery of my indy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts