Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between a Pro X rear skid and an edge? Im putting this skid in my 1996 Indy 500 and want to make sure the bolt hole measurements are the same as an edge. [confused2]

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
bolt hole measurements are not the same. The Pro-x skid is much beefier. Reinforced rails and reinforced front torque arm. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rear torque arm is also reinforced.

Here are mounting locations for a Pro-X skid:
http://www.jbshocks.com/edgeswap/proxmount.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
mounting bolts are larger. the front arm don't have the shaft. just two bolts and nuts that are big. and the rear tsl are longer than the edge. geometry is different than the edge. also it's reinforced here and there. you'll have a little slow top end with that suspension too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I'm glad I asked before i Started drilling! Im sure this suspension is a little over kill for just a 500 but the price was right.Im not too worried about top end, I would rather have a good bottom end.Any suggestions for clutching and gearing? Its ported polished shaved and bored its basically just a ditch banger.Any input helps!

·
Registered
463 Posts
i put a pro-x skid in my wedge xcr... its kind of a rough ride but a vast improvement from the xtra-10, great ditch bangin skid, i followed the direction from jb as posted in the link above! i didnt notice much top-end speed loss maybe 3-4 mph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts