Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about buying a used one, is it worth is , how fast do they go and i ride a indy 500 with a clutch kit, pipe and plastic skies and will a pro-x 440 be alot faster or is the 600-800 what i should be looking at i herd the 440s rip but iv never raced or rode one. what are good years for these sleds and how nice do they ride.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Id try to find a 600 or maybe even a 550 Pro-X over a 440. 440s are high-strung and arent all that good for trail riding. Thats not to say that you cant trail ride a 440, but they arent as good for it as a 600.
All Pro-Xs, no matter which engine they have are clutched and geared to do 100 mph tops.
Pro-Xs are nice. If I were going to get a different sled, most likely it would be a Pro-X 600.
Im basically modding my XC to make it as close to a Pro-X as I can.

·
Registered
123 Posts
it matters what u want to do. the prox 440 was made for snow cross(u probally know taht already) unless u really like to jump and u want a sled made for holeshots i would get a 600 from my own experiance u go through queite a few motors. the 600 is able to jump and race anmd it is still okay to drive in the trails.[B)]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You do know that they are not a trail sled, they are sprung pretty stiff. I would try to find a 600 or a 700. No need for the 800.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts