Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pro x2 600 has a solid red primary spring and i am not sure what size the weights are. the guy i bought it from was a certified polaris mechanic at a dealer and he clutched it. right now it engages right around 4500 rpm, i want it to engage around 5000 rpm, what color spring should i get to get it to engage at that?

nick

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
what spring is in it now? sounds like almond red, if im right thats close to there PS-7 (yellow) id go to pink on there's idk about polaris colors.
you can find out what engadment on EPI
http://www.erlandsonperformance.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=EPI&Category_Code=cs

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The stock spring that came in that sled was a polaris blue/white with a 120/310 rate, the only solid red spring that comes to my mind is a EPI RED that has a 145/300 rate, the stock weights were 10-58's, my question for you is if your engaging at 4500 right now why do you want a 5000 engagement with a 600 twin???, with that high of engagement your gonna just be blowing the track loose and trenching big time, the pink epi spring is a 185/300 and would make for a much higher and harsher engagement and would be very hard on belts, the twins make good torque down low and don't need that high of a engagement, also at low speeds your motor is gonna be at a higher RPM and will make for worse fuel economy, but if you really want that 5K engagement you could try a EPI silver 165/300, or yellow 165/310, or if using polaris springs a almond red's rate is 165/310, I don't think the polaris almond blue 150/310 will get that 5000 your looking for, but if you could tell us why you want to engage that high it might be helpful, or at least cure my curiosity of why.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98700xc said:
The stock spring that came in that sled was a polaris blue/white with a 120/310 rate, the only solid red spring that comes to my mind is a EPI RED that has a 145/300 rate, the stock weights were 10-58's, my question for you is if your engaging at 4500 right now why do you want a 5000 engagement with a 600 twin???, with that high of engagement your gonna just be blowing the track loose and trenching big time, the pink epi spring is a 185/300 and would make for a much higher and harsher engagement and would be very hard on belts, the twins make good torque down low and don't need that high of a engagement, also at low speeds your motor is gonna be at a higher RPM and will make for worse fuel economy, but if you really want that 5K engagement you could try a EPI silver 165/300, or yellow 165/310, or if using polaris springs a almond red's rate is 165/310, I don't think the polaris almond blue 150/310 will get that 5000 your looking for, but if you could tell us why you want to engage that high it might be helpful, or at least cure my curiosity of why.
i just want to run engagement at 5000 for grass dragging, i am in a circuit this year so i want to get the engagement up. but when winter comes back i will put the solid red back in so its at 4500. one other question is i also want to freshen up my primary and my team secondary, for the primary what should i do to freshen it up just new rollers buttons and bolts? and for the secondary cluthch what should i replace?

nick

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
EPI maroon to raise your engagement over the roof. Solid red is EPI red which works pretty good, install 60's and something like a 62/42-.46 helix with a Polaris black spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts