Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll direct this Q to Mark

I run an old DT-32 and use the fast response probes. I always seem to replace a probe once a year (they will not read properly until the sled is WFO) which I don't really trust if its giving me proper temps.
My question is, Is there anything a person can do to get more longevity out of these probes, and any type of care a person should be aware of?
At over $100 a pop it gets pricey

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by TeamNFG
[br]I'll direct this Q to Mark

I run an old DT-32 and use the fast response probes. I always seem to replace a probe once a year (they will not read properly until the sled is WFO) which I don't really trust if its giving me proper temps.
My question is, Is there anything a person can do to get more longevity out of these probes, and any type of care a person should be aware of?
At over $100 a pop it gets pricey

Thanks
This does seems abnormal. I have not heard of this before. Typically sensors last 4 or more years. What type of fuel are you using? Lead? Do you still have the sensors we can analyze?

Current standard sensors are warranted for one year ($65.00), Upgraded sensors are warranted for two years ($75.00).

As far as service, Usually none is necessary. Unless the engine is running extremely rich in oil.

I would be really interested in seeing the sensor, maybe a photo would work. Can you post one? Let's work through this.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^^^^^^
It has not happened for about a year and a half, at that time I was running avation fuel (AV gas) which does have a lead content in it and runs min 100 octane. I can tell you I do not run rich, 40:1 mix and aim for 1200F + - 50F.
I have been running a 97 octane pump fuel lately, but will be changing back to the AV gas due to detonation issues
I know I still have the probes, I just have to figure out which one is which

·
Registered
42 Posts
When you find the sensors I would like to see them. I am guessing the lead deposits are building up on the sensor. Your temperatures, you are controlling to, are perfect.

Le me know when you get the photo of the sensor.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good point, but what is the duration of riding time?

Meaning difference to riding all day, to a drag sled

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is a great point. Thanks. I guess we need to look into other solutions. I will bounce this off of my associates.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very interesting!!
I didn't catch what you were saying until your last post ripperd

I'll try and get you something for a picture Mark in the next week, work sucks right now, I do love winter, but working in it sucks. Right know I'm warming up in the truck, it is -26C that is -15F plus a wind chill that makes it feel like -40CorF. So hopefully I will have some days off in a few days

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Stay warm. I have my tech guy researching your sensor issue.

Mark

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by TeamNFG
[br]Very interesting!!
I didn't catch what you were saying until your last post ripperd

I'll try and get you something for a picture Mark in the next week, work sucks right now, I do love winter, but working in it sucks. Right know I'm warming up in the truck, it is -26C that is -15F plus a wind chill that makes it feel like -40CorF. So hopefully I will have some days off in a few days

Thanks
Tech department really has no explaination for this condition. Maybe the aviation fuels burn rate and associated temperatures has something to do with it. Let me know what happens when you switch back to the avaiation fuel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts