Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of you I've ridden with know the problems with my current sled. Well I have a solution now. But now I have a different problem, my garage is full lol.

I'm too lazy to replace my broken digital camera, so here are a couple blackberry pics:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Nice bud.... Just swap the can over so Pman can still complain about the " butterflies". Lets see how hard you are on this one! Another plus is you can lend erick fuel on this years sf ride.lol

Cheers

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I keep looking at a Rev for some reason as well, the XP Summit is so-so as I prefer my RMK's and so does my son.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JONESIE said:
Nice bud.... Just swap the can over so Pman can still complain about the " butterflies". Lets see how hard you are on this one! Another plus is you can lend erick fuel on this years sf ride.lol

Cheers
The new one came with an SLP single and can. So yes, it will still make some sound, just not near as much heh. Looking forward to oil injection and not siphoning gas!

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Just need to build something like this in your backyard...then in 5 years you'll still need more room!
10831.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I like your problem solving

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Nice addition! Its nice having a different sled for different uses.

This was my solution to making more room in the garage,but then I suppose you will be saying "I need a bigger yard!"[:D]
2010325111530565_1554.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Dean, you need a bigger garage.[:D][:D][:D]
I'll still bring my siphon hose with though.[Disappointed][Disappointed][Disappointed]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
what is wrong with the old sled?
I just noticed you in bc... I'm just north of Anoka... we should go rideing this year.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
wallygator said:
greasemonkey said:
I'll be the one needing my siphon hose now.[Disappointed][Disappointed][Disappointed]
Fixed it for you[:D]
Good one Wally[thumb] Ripperd, you should be able to take pictures of somebody alse siphoning gas for a change[:0]

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
2SEWINGS said:
wallygator said:
greasemonkey said:
I'll be the one needing my siphon hose now.[Disappointed][Disappointed][Disappointed]
Fixed it for you[:D]
Good one Wally[thumb] Ripperd, you should be able to take pictures of somebody alse siphoning gas for a change[:0]
Not ashamed if I ever run out of gas (all though I have never run out YET). Just means I'm having too much fun.[thumb][thumb]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
polaris1man said:
WOW, is that all you get for garage space living in the Northern TC area??? Glad I moved years ago
There are other houses with 2 car garages, and every now and then there are detatched big garages. But yeah, probably 50% of the houses in BC have 1 car garages in my neighborhood. I bought the place as a foreclosure, it is a temporary situation :)

I was wrong, the exhaust is SPI, not SLP.

I'll bring a siphon hose anyway. Maybe I can turn the tables this winter with someone hehe I actually will have a little storage too, so no backpack!

sTOrMy96 said:
I just noticed you in bc... I'm just north of Anoka... we should go rideing this year.
The other 07 is my 600 mod race sled. Nothing is "wrong" with it, it is what it is. I stopped racing so I don't need it in its current form. Trailriding a race sled has it's issues, and I'm ready to switch. The only trail mods I've done to it are pump gas heads and a normal size gas tank. I burn it down once a year, even while constantly watching egts and water temp. You have to babysit it a bit and jet it for decent MPG and performance. It gets like 10-11mpg on a good day if jetted just right. It is pre-mix. It has twin pipes and is pretty damn loud.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
ripperd said:
polaris1man said:
WOW, is that all you get for garage space living in the Northern TC area??? Glad I moved years ago
There are other houses with 2 car garages, and every now and then there are detatched big garages. But yeah, probably 50% of the houses in BC have 1 car garages in my neighborhood. I bought the place as a foreclosure, it is a temporary situation :)

I was wrong, the exhaust is SPI, not SLP.

I'll bring a siphon hose anyway. Maybe I can turn the tables this winter with someone hehe I actually will have a little storage too, so no backpack!

sTOrMy96 said:
The other 07 is my 600 mod race sled. Nothing is "wrong" with it, it is what it is. I stopped racing so I don't need it in its current form. Trailriding a race sled has it's issues, and I'm ready to switch. The only trail mods I've done to it are pump gas heads and a normal size gas tank. I burn it down once a year, even while constantly watching egts and water temp. You have to babysit it a bit and jet it for decent MPG and performance. It gets like 10-11mpg on a good day if jetted just right. It is pre-mix. It has twin pipes and is pretty damn loud.
Would there not have just been a descent engine you could have swapped out into that chassis?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wakeboarderboy said:
Would there not have just been a descent engine you could have swapped out into that chassis?
I would have needed:
fuel tank (pump is in tank)
engine
pipe, can
throttle bodies
airbox
oil injection hardware
entire wire harness
and probably a whole pile of other misc stuff

Putting all that together would have costed a fair bit, and taken a while. Ideally I would have found a wrecked one and took what I needed from that, but this works too. I think. I have to ride it first and decide if I want to do any parts swapping.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Dean did you get your skidoo shovel yet for when you bury that pig? :) I have what I normally call an arctic cat rope but when we ride together I will make acceptions for your banana. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts