Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 2005 mxzx racer, so i dont know a lot about ski doos. all i've done is a couple drags in a field by my house...like 200 yards tops. it was fine yesterday. today i get on it and go over to the field and it was fine. when i got there i held the starting button in, gave about half throttle, took off, and it was really really doggy. it sounds like a single cylinder 200cc. just really doggy. its enguaging at 5000rpm and it wont wind past like 6500. plugs look good, 125lbs compression in both cylinders, and both have spark. unplugged the CDI and the main wire harness so it could maybe reset itself, waited a couple minutes and plugged it in. started it up in the garage and it sounded fine. i put the dash back on and went out again, and right off the bat it was the same again...just plain doggy. i have absolutely no idea what to do. Any help anyone can give me would be awesome. sorry this is so long just wanted all the details to avoid a few questions.

Thanx guys, Zippi

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
440's are usually kind of finicky when it comes to jets. Did you make sure that it is set up correctly for the temperature?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by halVORTEX
[br]440's are usually kind of finicky when it comes to jets. Did you make sure that it is set up correctly for the temperature?
^Hes got it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent even checked em...it came with a bag with two other sets of jets in it. so ill go look and see whats in it and what else i have. anyone got an idea what would be the right jet.

It's 22 F right now and yesterday i think it was like 30 F.

thanx for the quick replies i really really appreciate it, i have like 3 inces of snow right now and it'll prob be gone tomorrow so i wanna mess around a little tonight.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to mention it had low comp heads too.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Did you let the engine stabalize before you let go of the button. Arn't you supposed to hold it wide open with the button pushed also.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Make sure the carbs , fuel filter and pump are clean.After sitting all summer the gas could be gummed up in the lines or carbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts