Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some issues when I first put a snowstuff rumble pack on my sled, the sled would backfire pretty badly when I first put it on there. I had planned on cleaning my carbs and I figured I would take care of the can when I was done with that. So I cleaned the carbs and put new plugs in and got the rumble pack on there. The sled ran like absolute crap, backfiring and it sounded like it was running on one cylinder. Went to check the spark and noticed the pto side was fine but the other side had nothing on the plug (lean?). Went ahead and checked for spark and compression, everything was fine there. I thought it was pretty weird that switching a can could make the sled lean so I decided to switch to the stock can. Got it fired and now the lights flicker and the brake light on the speedometer is on? I don't understand. Anyone ever hear of anything like this happening before? Or know what to do?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Im 99 percent sure that the can never caused anything, a can just changes the way your sounds. Maybe you knocked something loose under the hood?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue... Check for a pinched wire, or a loose ground?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TylerC said:
Im 99 percent sure that the can never caused anything, a can just changes the way your sounds. Maybe you knocked something loose under the hood?
This is the second time it has happened between switching the two cans.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The rumble packs are lousy fitting cans, and it could be causing leakage..

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does fit very poorly on there. I agree 100% on it being something bad with some kind of wire, I'll have to do what you said pookid and see what I find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts