Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show off the progress on my build... it's almost done, just a few minor things left like the snow flap. 2001 600xcsp. New gears, new vForce Reeds, new mains, 136" Extension, new 1.25" track, rebuilt shocks in the rear, new bearings everywhere ,etc. Thanks to all who have helped me on here by answering my posts. I appreciate it. Pumped to go ride it tomorrow... Brought it to a shop to have them check my work... good thing as they corrected a few of my mistakes but should be gTg now... picked it up this morning and snapped a few pics after they wheeled it out.

[galleryattach=14883] [galleryattach=14882]

[galleryattach=14886] [galleryattach=14884]

[galleryattach=14885]

·
Registered
225 Posts
SWEET!!!!! all we need is snow!! I'll be putting my skid back in today!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... More snow would definitely be nice!

·
Registered
613 Posts
That sled looks slick! Good job.

Raceman1

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't wait to see how she soaks up the bumps with the 136...

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
sick!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Looks Good[:D]

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Originally posted by krappana
[br]Can't wait to see how she soaks up the bumps with the 136...
It'll be a whole different animal. I got to give mine a good work out on some 2' moguls for a few miles. Doesn't ride like a new sled, but it doesn't ride like the old iron that it is.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
looks great. id keep it all black like that if i were you.

how much did it all cost if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Dude I dont care what kind of sled it is...they all look great when they are black. Nice job man, the windscreen looks great also.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the compliments... with the exception of changing the wheels to matching orange and changing the license numbers to some chrome ones I purchased I think I am done for how it looks... unless someone else has a good suggestion?

Riding update: got a chance to ride about 75 miles Friday and it performed great. The longer track didn't seem any harder to turn or handle on the trail. When I could find enough snow it hooked up pretty well and I am looking forward to getting it in some powder conditions to really test the deeper lugs. It also soaked up the bumps pretty well on the rough moguly trails... Hard to remember what it felt like before the extension but it feels good so far. I hit 87.5 mph on the GPS which is probably pretty close... I'll call it a top speed of 90 if I held it long enough...

Overall very satisfied so far... Thanks again for everyone's help...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looked pretty good on the lake and trails.. But the hot dog cooker SUCKED!

We'll have to line 'em up next time around.. And get ready to 136 mine for next year! Love the looks of the longer track..

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nice looking sled!!! Who did you get the rail extensions from??

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
nice! only thing i would add is a snowflap for the poor souls behind you as well as a 3rd idler wheel in that big gap! looks sweet otherwise!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^ Hot dog cooker did suck.. I have to reposition it to a non-insulated part of the pipe...

^^ Tunnel and Rail Extensions from Tracks USA. Pretty Slick kit...

^ Snow flap is now on... Do I need the other idler wheel or just for looks?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts