Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting a shorty seat on my 98 XC700, had to change the gas tank, looks like it is going to fit pretty good. will post some pics

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigford8486 said:
cant wait to see the pic im looking to do the same on mine
I had to buy a newer gas tank from a 2000 or newer. modified the hold down a little. got it mocked up and it looks bad ass[super]

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I look in that mirror constantly, I have it on there when my son rides behind me. the bars are off of a pro x

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use the glove mirror's for when i ride with my kids or a large group... I didn't like them when I first saw them, but love them now!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
motorheaderr said:
hollllllyyyyyyyy sh**!!!!! that is extremely cheep for a shorty seat. is there anytihg wrong with it?
just the tail light didnt work, but it was a broken wire

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks awesome! I wonder how one of those seats would look on a red rocket....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bakernator said:
Looks awesome! I wonder how one of those seats would look on a red rocket....
I want to put a xcr 440 hood on mine, just for kicks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Can you take pics of the build. Any brackets you had to make. Gas tank to console area. What did the seat come from and what tank? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
looks good bustedpolaris!! lol. im going to send this to thewiz

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
motorheaderr said:
if your looking for a red xcr 440 hood i have one you can buy..

no shipping tho. sorry bud

2010220144410492_27459.jpg
its not a wedge hood

joshmodelskidoo said:
looks good bustedpolaris!! lol. im going to send this to thewiz
you better get a good look at the front, because that is the only time you are going to see it

rich1374670x said:
Can you take pics of the build. Any brackets you had to make. Gas tank to console area. What did the seat come from and what tank? Thanks
that tank is a gen II tank, the hood already is cut out for it. you have to remove the tool box. have to modify the front bracket a little. just bolts down in the back. the seat is from a prox, but you have to make a little wedge for the back because the tunnels are a little different on an edge. I also ordered drop brackets from SLP for the rear skid so the 1.25 track clears.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks good Polarisorbust. Nice job. For anyone interested, I have that same seat for sale in the classifieds. I would take $300 plus shipping for mine right now, otherwise it will be going on e-bay very shortly since they tend to go for good money on there. Motorheaderr, i could deliver it to Marinette if you wanted to buy it. Just something to think about.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts