Comfortable
sounds great
great MPG
good wind sheild
easy to throw around

Cons -

Underpowered - IMO
stock Skis suck in powder
Typical Pro action rear susp. issues - EG: Stiff, lacks in stutters.
Head light could be brighter
no individual controls for hand and thumb warmers

·
Registered
474 Posts
I agree pretty much with AllViperUp. Suspension lacks to competitors, but they do have the most travel of all the sleds in that era for Yamaha. Only way to fix that is too update to a newer style or get an M-10 or something. Stock ski's definitely aren't good in powder. They just sink. I'm not sure about the controls, I think they changed that in either 2000 0r 2001 to the seperate controls. My neighbours 700 sxr had the seperate controls, but I believe his was a 2001. Performance wise, I don't know about the 600 tripples. Never rode one before, but I'm sure they aren't too much different then the 700's besides the obvious amount of cc's. To squeeze some power out of it, maybe get some aftermarket reed valves? Jet it, I think Bender makes a set of pipes for it, maybe even tripples. I'm pretty sure they make a can for it. Also check AAEN and whatever other exhaust companies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.