Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, new to sleding and this site, which is great by the way!! a freind gave me a 93 xlt/sks with the engine in a box and was missing only the pistons, which i purchased new ones, and a manual and reassembled it myself (my first 2 stoke) fun to ride and runs great! now of course id like to do a few upgrades, and another friend has offered me a 97 wedge chassis with all the upgrades i would like, however i'm not reall interested in the engine thats in it, and will probably sell it. here's my question: what you guys think its worth? its a 1300cc SPI GENESIS engine with the matching SPI tripple pipes, and runs awesome, but is a touch much for what i want. i see that new ones go for 6K or better. any suggestions?

·
Registered
713 Posts
All I can say is that you have some really generous friends.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
why not look for a xcr 800 engine and a nice set of pipes, if you think the 1300 is a litle much.

what kind of riding are you doing?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the 97 isnt free, but definelty cheap-besides the engine, 144 2" track(chain case obviously rolled) big wheel kit, fox shocks, holtz trailing arms,lightweight hood,all lightweight suspension, and more stuff that i'm not smart enough to notice yet for 1000 bucks. sorry for my ignorance, but is the xcr 800 a triple?- i'm just a beginner, so i'm not gettin too extreme. where we usually go is between 8000 and 10000 feet here in colorado, some hill climbin, little jumpin, little trail riding. i gotta take it kinda easy though, most these guys are on '01 or newer 800's and hot rod 600's , so my 580 with a 3/4" track can't exactly hang,but does get around good and seems to be easier to handle than those big sleds. is this a good sled to start with? ive read lots of praise on this site bout the wedge chassis.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
if hes asking for 1000 for that complete sled with motor, buy it!!! you can easily sell that motor for 1000, well more. so now you do have a free sled or a sled that made you money. of find someone ot trade that motor with for something smaller. its still a great chassis set up.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
yes the xcr is a triple

·
Registered
690 Posts
how much for the motor, send me a pm back with your price

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
lets see some pics of the beast. [8D]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
picked up that sled today ya'll. its a 96 ultra, not bad shape and lots of goodies, and this engine is NASTY!!! i called and talked to bruce who owns psi about it, and he said its a 1000cc (i looked it has 81mm pistons) he said there wasnt that many of them built. new it had 220-230 horse on 91 octane, and these pipes are the loudest they ever made.he said that engine in good shape even bein 10 years old is still worth 2500 alone, and the pipes were probly 1000. ive got a couple guys interested in it, here's what i'd like to do- sell this engine with the pipes, or work some sort of partial trade for a good 680 with pipes. ill probly puts it in the classifieds soon with pics, and ill post some pics here too

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got a 680 out of an 96 ultra pulled it out a couple weeks ago runs great would be interested in the motor let me know. Motor is complete bolt in but pipe is stock single.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dude....run that motor, because yes more is better, big is better, just go go go, run it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your crazy to want to gwt ride of that

·
Registered
477 Posts
i have a 680 motor, ported and polished,v force reeds,bored carbs, 2 sets of heads,2 sets of pipes, extra crank, 2 extra cases, 2 extra good cylinders, 3 cylinders that need to be re nicked im sure there is more but i cant think of it right now

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Run it as is. Spend some more time on your xlt, then make the jump to that sweet sexy monster.[:D]

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Lets hope this post doesnt get deleted like my last one...... You could sell me the whole sled if you dont want it. Or the motor. Let me know what your thinking of getting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts