Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, new to sleding and this site, which is great by the way!! a freind gave me a 93 xlt/sks with the engine in a box and was missing only the pistons, which i purchased new ones, and a manual and reassembled it myself (my first 2 stoke) fun to ride and runs great! now of course id like to do a few upgrades, and another friend has offered me a 97 wedge chassis with all the upgrades i would like, however i'm not reall interested in the engine thats in it, and will probably sell it. here's my question: what you guys think its worth? its a 1300cc SPI GENESIS engine with the matching SPI tripple pipes, and runs awesome, but is a touch much for what i want. i see that new ones go for 6K or better. any suggestions

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The engine alone is worth about 3 to 4K depending on who wants it badly enough. How much is he asking for the sled?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
besides the engine, 144 2" track(chain case obviously rolled) big wheel kit, fox shocks, holtz trailing arms,lightweight hood,all lightweight suspension, and more stuff that i'm not smart enough to notice yet for 1000 bucks. are these two sleds good to start with? ive read lots of praise on this site bout the wedge chassis.i like how my sks rides, much easier to handle than these new big sleds, which i'm sure would get much easier with more experience

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ide buy it and keep that sled as a lake racer. that motor is worth more then you sled is worth.or buy if for a grand and part it out and make more then you paid for the sled in just the motor alone

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Dude.... Id buy that sled for $2000 from you today. Thats twice as much as you bought it for. 100 percent profit. think about it....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
picked up that sled today ya'll. its a 96 ultra, not bad shape and lots of goodies, and this engine is NASTY!!! i called and talked to bruce who owns psi about it, and he said its a 1000cc (i looked it has 81mm pistons) he said there wasnt that many of them built. new it had 220-230 horse on 91 octane, and these pipes are the loudest they ever made.he said that engine in good shape even bein 10 years old is still worth 2500 alone, and the pipes were probly 1000. ive got a couple guys interested in it, here's what i'd like to do- sell this engine with the pipes, or work some sort of partial trade for a good 680 with pipes. ill probly puts it in the classifieds soon with pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts