Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a complete set of psi mod-blaster pipes for my new 96 ultra sp for $150 is that a good deal?what else do i need to change to run them?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It depends on pipe condition if it is in fact a good deal. But if they are ok I would pick them up for that price even if I didnt have an ultra. you could sell them for way more.

and for those pipes to work proporly you would have to change your main jets. Prolly need poisition. adjust your carbs fuel air screw. Then clutch the sled to the appropriate RMP which means for sure changing weights and primary spring. And possible your helix and secondary spring as well.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The motor will straight up rip with those when tuned. Tuning involves jetting AND clutching. Very bad things happen when not jetted right with them. They have no silencers....open stinger. Not trail pipes. I've got a set, they can be loud.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by SLEDFX
[br]It depends on pipe condition if it is in fact a good deal. But if they are ok I would pick them up for that price even if I didnt have an ultra. you could sell them for way more.

and for those pipes to work proporly you would have to change your main jets. Prolly need poisition. adjust your carbs fuel air screw. Then clutch the sled to the appropriate RMP which means for sure changing weights and primary spring. And possible your helix and secondary spring as well.
YEP YEP and YEP!!! You also need to turn the oil pump up a notch too!! [:D]

·
Registered
985 Posts
they have a silencer. there is one in the end of each pipe. i have two sets and they are great pipes for ultras, make more ponies than slp's. if they are too loud for you drill out the pop rivets take the endcaps off and repack the silencer's. as old as they are there is prolly nothing left in them.

·
Registered
985 Posts
one thing i did forget to mention, you won't have any fuel economy with those pipes.

ok this is just out of my head, i'm not at the shop with my lil black book in front me.
but i think you will need approx 420 440 430 mains PSI needles on 3rd notch up. for the clutches i will have to look in my book i can't remember.(dang CRS)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the same pipes and when i called bruce at psi he said 420 main jets, 45 pilots, psi needles, and 1 turn on the air screw. I tried that but it was way to rich for me. As far as clutching just try different setups. I have a blue primary spring with 51 gram fulltail weights. black secondary spring with a 38/36 helix. It works good for me.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
weights are really expensive...

i just had to buy some new ones..

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i got psi's on mine and it flys and it made my stomach drop when i first got my sled there awesome

[galleryattach=12055]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts