Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to find tuning specs for these type of pipes they are going on a 96 xlt 34 mm carbs, runing in about 2000 ft range to 2500 ft. i went o the slp website to see what they sugest and they said 230 and 240 for the weather im runing in but already at a 230 cause of slp air box so thinking about going to a 250 or so. would be nice to have some help with this so i dont have to monkey around too too much.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I would say you are on the right track of starting out a little big. you can always come down in jetting.

usually once them old xlts get dialed in they were a leave it alone sled!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So ran into another problem cant seem to get the pipes to fit. I got them out of a 95 xlt special and they are going into a 96 xlt will these pipes work or not i dont have no instructions so im just kinda guessin how they go in ill post a pic of how i got them now anyone have some pics of what there pipes look like in there sled thats they could post. I also have teh xtra 12. does my motor sit higher then a special thatsd what seems liek is wrong

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
IF your 95 had the extra-12 they should fit, if it didn't I believe someone on here said the shock towers are too tall on the extra-12, I know my 95sp had the extra-12 under it...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well i think i kinda got them to fit from what i can see u have to take off the braket where the stock exhaust sits on(by the shock tower) so the pipes drop down more into the sled and then you have to make a different exit hole for them from what i see that what i have to do? any one else had to do this im supose to get some pics from the guy i bought them from so i think ill wait for them before i start too much or if someone has an xlt with the xtra 12 with the psi pipes on it wouldnt mind posting a couple pics would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
not to sound rude. are you sure all the flanges are on correctly? if you can post a pic, may help too. if theyre psi pipes, call them. they will fax you the info on jetting and clutching. i have it for the 93-94 only. i have fit many sets of pipes in didfferent chassis. i have aggressive pipes in a wedge. mind you i have a full machine shop with open doors to me. im not saying your pipes will definately fit. but they should be able to. i have storm pipes in an ultra chassis. had to modify the hood just a touch.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i dont think they use the stock exit hole

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.