Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have searched and searched all over and i haven't really got an answer to this question. What are all the carb jetting for 34mm carbs on a 96 xlt 600 with PSI triple pipes. I have contacted PSI and they said 3 main jet sizes but some people say 2 jet sizes. So there is no need to change the needles down or up? I just want the best setup for these PSI pipes. Also i would like to have my plugs brown. Now they are black.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's always good to go by the manufacturer's recommendations on their setup for clutching and jetting. If your plugs are black now, then you could stand to go down a size. 2 is a good number to go up with pipes, but three would be a more conservative approach. Your engine will be more finicky when it comes to temp changes. my 96 ultra with slp pipes had to be jetted for above 30, 0-30, and below zero. I was right on the edge, but you'll have to test combos to see what your plugs will look like, piston wash, and if you had them, EGTs. Probably wouldn't hurt to raise the needle one position til you get a good baseline. Easier to change the carburation than it is to rebuild the engine. good luck. -Polaris Doc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts