Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took the bolt off the pull cord assembly, and the coil went flying, can someone tell me how to put it back in i cant get it, and i dont no where the ends go, also does someone have a picture of the cord cord assembly and the coil. i dont no where they go
[attachment=55248][attachment=55249]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Always check the how to section :)

I made this and everyone that has used it loved it. I get pm's all the time over it.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50494

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive already tried that, where does the middle part go, plus how to you get that end piece in so tight

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ Thanks

That plastic piece goes spring down on top of that assembly. I think the assembly on browsleisureworld.com shows it better for you.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wish they had the other view

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
I don't know what your missing here bud.. but I will do my best to help you .
[attachment=55256]

edit.. I am modeling up the parts and making an animated assembly. Give me an hour or so and I will post it up on here.

I am a CAD designer and have my work software here on my laptop at home.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
I fudged numbers of course and stuff isn't dead on but I did it quick for you.

I am going by memory so if I made a mistake, someone please tell me.
Here is the assembly I created for you. Click the picture.

And here is a video animation of my assembly
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/_Images/Member%20Videos/Miscellaneous/200718203454_521.avi

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow thanks a lot i will have to try that tomorow, the only promblem i have is too rewind the recoil

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]I fudged numbers of course and stuff isn't dead on but I did it quick for you.

I am going by memory so if I made a mistake, someone please tell me.
Looks like SolidWorks. We're still using '04 AutoCad

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ Yep.. I design in SW 2007 every day all day. Autocad? Sucks to be you :)

Originally posted by ski-dooguy
[br]wow thanks a lot i will have to try that tomorow, the only promblem i have is too rewind the recoil
Your welcome. I did it because you had a good post with pictures.

That recoil winding is now a problem, just follow my how to and you will be done in minutes. I already showed you that.

You just got the easiest how to there is on the internet for putting one of these back together. If you can't do it from all these instructions, open your wallet, go to the dealer, and allow him to smack you in the head with it [:D]

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Are you F'N kidding me??!!! An animated assembly of a recoil........Matt you ROCK! Only on SF!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ Ha Ha.. thanks.. he better give me a good rating for the "rate member" thing haha

I would like to make animations of more assemblies that people have a hard time with but I can't figure out what ones I would like to do.

·
Registered
764 Posts
haha matt i think u have TOO MUCH time on your hands there :p better go do some sledding :p

and to wind it, all u do is turn the spring and the rope pulley thing counter clockwise

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
skidooguy.. you said need help quick.. you got it quick with a movie, diagram, and solid exploded assembly model..

Now whats the status :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i tried it for about half an hour that night, after your instructions but couldnt get it in, i wind it but it wont go in so the center circle is in the middle, then when i put it in it just springs out, then i had to go to hockey , and yesterday i could work on the sled at all

·
Registered
542 Posts
Even with all this info it is still a pain in the a##. Sorry to say but there is no easy way. articcatmatts post helps a lot and you just have to keep at it until it works out. I did the same thing a week ago, i know hoe frustrating it can get.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Arcticcatmatt, those schematics rock! You must have some fancy software there.
Skidooguy, All of them I have ever tried to rewind are a bi**h. Ussually takes about 100 tries to get it back together without the spring unwinding on you. Unless you do it all the time, it's hard. One thing I have done before is wind it and then put a vise grips on it to hold while you get the assembly back together. somekinds are easier than others.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ Thanks. Software is nice.. learning it is what makes it valuable.

Wrap that spring around the nails like I showed, pretty tight so its small, use wood to keep it from poping up while winding up, use vice grips to hold it to keep it from expanding on you, put in recoil spring holder casing, release.

Then follow my assembly pictures to put the rest together. You should be able to figure out the rope on your own.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts