Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you lost only one, it wont really matter. It all depends on how many you put in to begin with. If you have less than 144, it will click a little bit but no worries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
here is the thing how did you "lose" it? did it rip out of thwe track? if so you need a new track plain and simple. Did it just break? if so it sucks but I would wait a until they all need to be replaced to do that. I know a guy with lots of broken studs in his Mach Z he just says screw it cause he hates the sled and wants to get rid of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

here is the thing how did you "lose" it? did it rip out of thwe track? if so you need a new track plain and simple. Did it just break? if so it sucks but I would wait a until they all need to be replaced to do that. I know a guy with lots of broken studs in his Mach Z he just says screw it cause he hates the sled and wants to get rid of it.

[/quote]

The stud did rip out ( don't know where when or why) through the track leaving a hole the size of the head (1" or so). I've put 200 miles on it since and it hasn't gotten any bigger? Should I be worried - I wanna get rid of it after this year and don't wanna buy a new track!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have spun a stud out of the track it means that you are spinning too much. I did this on my last sled. I avoided adding and spun more out of my track. I was told that this is because I am too aggressive in relationship to the number of studs. I would add mnore studs to stop spinning and throwing.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
mutt it is prolyl cause you ride on bad trails and just keep ripping. Seems to be why people lose picks most of the time. ANd trail I would have to say you should get a new track man. SUcks but that is the way it is. Happened to my dad last year. THere are places that repair tracks maybe if it is small they can take care fo it. You have to look into that I can't help you do that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Loosing 1 stud from the center of the track is no big deal. As long as the track doesn't rip I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't be over aggressive in your riding, I pulled studs by locking up the track on very hard packed stutter bump trails. That was on my old sled, lesson learned!

RtkatZL8
2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

MBRP Silencer

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
as long as the rip isnt moving to the outside of the track you should be fine. like most of us who keep our sleds like 3 years then sell, if it aint bad it should last w/o doin to much more damage. if your dealer is like mine when i traded, he looked at the engine, the hood, the shocks in the back, started it up and said ill give u $1500. didnt even look at the track w/ 3 holes from ripped studs....hahaha

Cats have 9 lives, you have one...Make it count!

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team...You WILL believe!

When Hell freezes over, We'll ride there too!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Don't worry about it, it should be fine.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts