Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the trigger last friday on a new toy. 2010 Polaris Dragon 800 Switchback. Was the annual sled trip this weekend and she got 300 miles. Break in seem to go without a hitch. She made 102 on the speedo on a warm day and loose snow. Bought it for the offtrail capabilities so the speed is not the main concern nor is the pinpoint cornering, which it does not have. But for my riding style, it handles the bumps and jumps awesome, power is nice, not all there (the 154 as advertized), maybe 145 but a new mapping is in the works so we will see when it gets approved. Smooth, comfortable, great positioning. Overall a good purchase just needs some tweaks. Fun as hell. Heres a few pics.
201031204159856_14558.jpg
201031204143810_14558.jpg
20103120415191_14558.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
PRO-X2C said:
So I pulled the trigger last friday on a new toy. 2010 Polaris Dragon 800 Switchback. Was the annual sled trip this weekend and she got 300 miles. Break in seem to go without a hitch. She made 102 on the speedo on a warm day and loose snow. Bought it for the offtrail capabilities so the speed is not the main concern nor is the pinpoint cornering, which it does not have. But for my riding style, it handles the bumps and jumps awesome, power is nice, not all there (the 154 as advertized), maybe 145 but a new mapping is in the works so we will see when it gets approved. Smooth, comfortable, great positioning. Overall a good purchase just needs some tweaks. Fun as hell. Heres a few pics.
201031204159856_14558.jpg
201031204143810_14558.jpg
20103120415191_14558.jpg
Nice machine i need a new one i cant get mine to run
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
PRO-X2C said:
So I pulled the trigger last friday on a new toy. 2010 Polaris Dragon 800 Switchback. Was the annual sled trip this weekend and she got 300 miles. Break in seem to go without a hitch. She made 102 on the speedo on a warm day and loose snow. Bought it for the offtrail capabilities so the speed is not the main concern nor is the pinpoint cornering, which it does not have. But for my riding style, it handles the bumps and jumps awesome, power is nice, not all there (the 154 as advertized), maybe 145 but a new mapping is in the works so we will see when it gets approved. Smooth, comfortable, great positioning. Overall a good purchase just needs some tweaks. Fun as hell. Heres a few pics.
201031204159856_14558.jpg
201031204143810_14558.jpg
20103120415191_14558.jpg
nice sled. my 08 600 switchback can hit almost 110 mph on a nice day. really good on the bumps as well, never got it stuck one time yet. early this winter we got 3 feet of powder with no bottom to it and i passed 800 renegades that were stuck.. (believe it or not) just yesterday i had her in on the mountain and its an animal lol, i think there one of the best all round machines there is.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,095 Posts
Nice sled! Hopefully that 800 holds together for you.

switch333 said:
My 08 600 switchback can hit almost 110 mph on a nice day.
Not likely. I have an '08 600 Dragon 121 and it's lucky if it can hit 100 on a nice day. My '07 600 Switchback with the 144" max recall is 97 and that musta been going downhill with a tailwind.

switch333 said:
Never got it stuck one time yet. early this winter we got 3 feet of powder with no bottom to it and i passed 800 renegades that were stuck..
[|)] Give me a break.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
have you thought about changing your gearing, clutching, and he has a bigger engine i think that it is possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
^^He was referring to the guy with the 08 600. Not possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
switch333 said:
nice sled. my 08 600 switchback can hit almost 110 mph on a nice day. really good on the bumps as well, [highlight=yellow]never got it stuck one time yet[/highlight=yellow]. early this winter we got 3 feet of powder with no bottom to it and i passed 800 renegades that were stuck.. (believe it or not) just yesterday i had her in on the mountain and its an animal lol, i think there one of the best all round machines there is.
If you've never got it stuck then you've never really road it [^]

If you don't get stuck, your not having fun!! [thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,546 Posts
Nice sled Ryan, now you guys just need to come down south and ride with the ND boys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
Nice pick up.......next purchase should be a Power Commander 5!!!! Then you can get up for the 155's as advertised! Its pig rich on the top, robbing all your top end! Do you still have the pro x2???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,020 Posts
Polaris-Man said:
Nice sled! Hopefully that 800 holds together for you.

switch333 said:
My 08 600 switchback can hit almost 110 mph on a nice day.
Not likely. I have an '08 600 Dragon 121 and it's lucky if it can hit 100 on a nice day. My '07 600 Switchback with the 144" max recall is 97 and that musta been going downhill with a tailwind.

switch333 said:
Never got it stuck one time yet. early this winter we got 3 feet of powder with no bottom to it and i passed 800 renegades that were stuck..
[|)] Give me a break.
I had 113 on my recall on the Fusion last year. 15* day on very very hard packed snow. I doubt like hell it was a true 113, but either way not a fun speed to be going when you blow a belt and lock up the track ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
rode my dads same sled only snowchecked. very nice handleing in the pow. corners the same as a 121'' in corners
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
I see alot of high mph dream-o-meters on this thread. Get a gps and then see how fast you are really going. Thats definately a great looking sled. Very nice buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey thanks guys.

Polaris-Man wrote
Nice sled! Hopefully that 800 holds together for you.
Yeah I am hoping it does to. But hey I was warned that there were issue with them before I bought but I thought I got the 2 year warrenty so why not.

flatlander_summit wrote
Nice sled Ryan, now you guys just need to come down south and ride with the ND boys.
I am hoping there will be time for a ride with the boys this year. Should organize that. I think it would be a blast.

MNSLEDNECK56308 wrote
Nice pick up.......next purchase should be a Power Commander 5!!!! Then you can get up for the 155's as advertised! Its pig rich on the top, robbing all your top end! Do you still have the pro x2???
Yep I still have the X2 but will be getting rid of it to pay for this one. Don't really want to but I got no place right now for 2 sleds.
A power commander you say, I will have to look into that. Do you have one on your sled? I am very interested in getting my advertized 154 hp. You know me I am more about the off trail stuff but the 154 would sure turn some heads in my riding group. As it is I pulled ahead of Jonesie on his FST on Sunday. He just patted his belly. I laughed.

Learned alot after this 300 miles about what I got to do to "adjust" it. Fun machine. Got any ideas on how to make it turn better?

Cheers,
Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
how much for your x2? As for the Power Commander 5, Yes i have one on my sled, has the death bog without the power commander! I didn't get the latest PO flash either, i'm sure that would help my bog, but it runs nice and strong with the PC5 on the original 2010 flash for the updated 800's!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be fighting for 5500 cdn for it. In fact I already have a guy interested. We will see over the next week how things go.
The bog I got on this one is a small but very noticable bog between 55 and 6200 ish RPM. Not alway there. Comes and goes I suppose with changing conditons. Kinda like a hiccup, very annoying. Apparently there is a new map for it that as I have learn clears everything up and gets you 154 but it has not been approved by the EPA yet. Will we see it this year, who knows.

How easy is it to adjust and get the PC5 dialed in? First CFI sled so this is kinda new to me.

Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
The new "flash" if its from po won't get the 154, as it will never get past the EPA.
As for the PC5, plug and play! It will come with best map loaded and you just plug it in and go!!! It rocks!
I know in canada sled-werx is selling them from dynotech (jim) that is where i got mine. I haven't touched mine as since plugging in! Mine could use a very very slight adjustment as 1% of the time i have a small hiccup while trail cruzing at midrange with 5 year old in front of me, otherwise its not noticeable as i'm off and on the throttle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet thanks for the info Darin. I am going to look into getting one.
You have any suggestions on making it turn better. I know it won't turn on a dime, thats not what I bought it for, but I do want it to be abit better. Just pushes more then I like.

Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
turn up skii pressure and lean. it may sound like an obvious, but when i lean my knee is out from the side panel and it coners like a caddy!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top