Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been eyeing one of these since 2007. Finally got one this weekend.

2009 Can-Am Spyder Roadster RS with zero miles on it. [thumb] Well, it's got a "few" on it now.

BRP never refers to this as a motorcycle by the way....it's a Roadster.

This may impact my snowmobile riding in the mountains next year...but hell, I feel like I'm riding a sled now....without the snow. [:D]

·
Registered
567 Posts
how much that set you back

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
List price was 16 and a 1/2 but there's BRP delivery charge, dealer documentation, title, temp tags blah blah blah and of course TAXES on top of all that. Just like when you purchase any car. I did get a couple freebies (nice helmet, mirrored shield). Plus since I do not have a garage I bought some accessories (all-weather cover, more storage, etc).

Kept the final price reasonable and got an amazing finance rate because my credit is spotless. This is the low end model, the RT can run upwards of 25K+.

I'll post a picture later today. Off to work...gotta pay the bills. [:D]

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
duece said:
wow thats kind of expensive, are they autos or manual tranny?
Yes, they are a bit expensive but man are they fun to ride. I got the manual transmission. I did test drive and liked the SE5 with electronic transmission, but after driving the manual it's a better fit for me.

Tell me this doesn't remind you of a snowmobile. [thumb]

2010419201829736_16089.jpg

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
They look pretty fun. There are a couple running around here, and i must say they sound good. I don't really know what they sound like, but they get my attention. Maybe in a year or two when my dad gets our drive-thru up and running he can afford one. Then i might have a chance to touch one. [beatup]

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OhioPolarisKid said:
They look pretty fun. There are a couple running around here, and i must say they sound good. I don't really know what they sound like, but they get my attention. Maybe in a year or two when my dad gets our drive-thru up and running he can afford one. Then i might have a chance to touch one. [beatup]
Not surprised. The local "spyder nest" is not far from you in Middletown. That's where I droe it off the lot. The Spyder map shows about 5-6 other owners right in your vicinity.

TRICKPaint said:
^ Did the photo come out funny or is there an orange/red 2-tone thing going on there!?... Either way, it looks damn sharp!
That's the sunlight hitting the red that turns it that orange hue. Good eye.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
^^ Thats what i figured cause I see them all over. I might have to go look at one at the dealer sometime. A kid in my math class said his dad got one last month, but i haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
How fast is it? Does it handle decent?

·
Registered
567 Posts
ya that is a sexy paint color nice. want to say trike but thats not it cant say bike or sled so ill stick with just nice.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
speeddemon383 said:
How fast is it? Does it handle decent?
0-60 in 6.4 seconds.

Handles pretty much like a sled, without being able to tip it and carve. Weigh all in front over the two wheels so doubtful any wheelies can be had. All computerized so getting out of control, although possible it pretty hard to do. It reduces engine throttle to keep things on three wheels automatically. ABS on the all three wheels. AKA no independent braking with any wheel like a normal cycle. Takes a little getting used to but I have no cycle habits to break so comeing from sled and quad riding to this was a breeze.

It doesn't lean like a regular cycle so on turns you had to deal with centrifical force in hard turns...just like a sled. Took it to work this morning and one of the gawkers had a rear end collision right next to me. Not my fault but was better than caffeine to wake me up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts