Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
No.

Judging by your name, i am assuming you have a new Supersport 550 fan. I would just drive it as-is and save the money. I'm not aware of any aftermarket pipes for that engine. If there are any, you're lucky, but it's better to modify a liquid cooled engine than a fan cooled. Aftermarket reeds might help out a bit, but that's up to you. IMO, the best thing to do to that sled would be a clutch kit and jetting if it seems to run rich.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did find one i think it was aaen? or something like that not sure though could be wrong. yea i wish i would have gotten a liquid instead [:(!] thanks tho

·
Registered
777 Posts
i don,t think you bought that sled for the power,what megaman said,clutching and jetting and that sled will run forever trouble free,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by ss550
[br]have any good recommendations on where to look at clutch kits n jetting?
For jetting guidlines use Polaris Guidelines and reduce Jet Spec. by 1 or 2 sizes.
Clutching -- pick up your phone and make some calls to Companys that deal in clutch kits. Hot TO Go,Earlandson,Heal Clicker, ect.
[black][/black]

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yes aaen does make a pipe for your machine. It costs 399.95 canadien. It will give your machine 8 horsepower and save ten pounds. Epi also makes a clutch kit for your sled and it consists of a new helix,primary spring and secondary spring. That kit lists for 229.95 canadien. This kit will let you get the power to the ground. But remember you always sacrifice duribility for performance. And your warrenty will be voided with the use of these products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts