Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm kinda stuck here. I WANT to get a single pipe for my 440, BUT I don't want to change the jetting every 10-15 weather degree change. Is there anything that I can get that will a) do it automaticly or b) do it without taking the carbs apart.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I suppose you could look into "dial a jet" (do they even make those anymore?) Or just have your sled run like crap when it's warm.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, if you're not riding in the mountains, then a Tempa Flow from Holtzman Engineering is exactly what you're looking for.

If you are in the mountains, then an ATACC would work. It's a temp and altitude compensator. Here's the link:

www.holtzmaneng.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Tfin70
[br]Yeah, if you're not riding in the mountains, then a Tempa Flow from Holtzman Engineering is exactly what you're looking for.

If you are in the mountains, then an ATACC would work. It's a temp and altitude compensator. Here's the link:

www.holtzmaneng.com
How exactly do you hook up the Tempa Flow?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not the same model as yours but this should explain the installation.

Tempa Flow
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/tempaflow/SRXTempaFlow%20installation/tempaflow_installation_srx.htm

ATACC
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/ATACC_Install/ATACC_Install.htm

·
Registered
366 Posts
so these r universal kits? or are they ordered ride specific. This sounds like something i want. Any further info anyone has please post.

Rich

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Tempa Flow is a standard device that works on all sleds. It has different fittings for twins or triples. They're around $200.00 from Royal Distributing and take about an hour to install on a Polaris.
Well worth the money.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Installation:

In regards to the Holtzman ATACC, there is a good article in the most recent "American Snowmobiler" magazine (2004 buyers guide and sourcebook) that shows step by step how to install the ATACC. In this case, it was on a Polaris 800 RMK.

I thought this might be of interest to some riders.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just thought I would add a little input from my experience with the tempa flow. It works fine in the mountains, ran one for two years in elevations ranging from 500ft to 6500ft. In one of the tubes on it there is a black screw that you adjust for every 2000ft? or so you go up or down, it's like an 1\8" turn. So it's not really a big deal, so even if you ride with elevation changes don't rule it out and think you HAVE to have the ATACC cuz you don't.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts