Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to install the pipes i got on my indy 500, and they go way past the stock exit hole, and go to about 2" from the place where you put your foot when riding.. can i just drill 2 holes and make them exit out the bottom of the plastic bellypan? wouldn't it melt? should i take a piece of flat steel and rivot it to the bellypan?

·
Registered
614 Posts
yes you should add a piece of sheet metal, make the hole in the belly pan a little larger than the hole in the sheet metal. I would try to get a piece of stainless steel, won't rust and looks better.
Don't forget to re-jet your carbs, you'll probably have to fatten up your main jets a couple of sizes, if not you may be running to lean and have a melt down. Check with the pipe manufacture for jetting specs.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by MadMatt900
[br]Stingers aren't SILENCERS. They're just plain LOUD (althoughthey do sound good). I really hope you're making a lake racer and stay off the trails. There's enough problems with land owners.
nope it's a all around trail/performance sled, but i do respect the land owners and will keep it fairly quiet when around residences.. Do ya want me to come zinging by your house at 2:30-3:00 in the am? lol[8D]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.