Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm new to sledding, just bought a new hjc cl-14 helmet, but it came with just regular cycle shield. will buying a breath box be enough to prevent fogging, or should i go with a electric shield? or do i have to buy both? or does a breathe box and double pane shield work? i was looking to buy a electric shield, thinking they are the best for fogging problems. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've always found that a breath deflector and double shield aren't enough. I would strongly recommend getting a heated shield. If you have an electric shield, you shouldn't need a breath deflector.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have the same helment as you and have a breath deflector. I have found that it fogs up pretty bad on cold days and nights. It does seem ok though if you keep it cracked a little but...if it is really cold out the moisture on the shield will actually freeze!!! I would strongly suggest a heated shield. I will be investing in one when I get my new sled next year. If you by chance wear glasses forget about seeing anything until you are moving and get little airflow going.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If you go to a local scuba dive shop they will sell a little bottle of stuff that you can put on your goggles that will stop the fogging

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i tried fog-x, made by rain-x, didn't work, so i think i'll go with an electric shield. thanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
my dads got a heated helmet and he says that really works good and i just use no fog cloth by scoot and it works good for me most of the time

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ive never had a problem with fogging, i have a polaris with a nose peice and a balaclava. but my mom has a hjc and it always fogged, so we installed a electric sheild, they work wonders. definetly invest in one!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Ya definitaly go with the heated shield, everything else is gonna fog when its cold. Thats why I went with an MX, I will never go back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts