Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i bought my Zl i went to look at an 1998 zl 500, i didnt like it cuz all the stickers were off and not too clean, then i bought mine off another guy, i went to the shop yesterday and that sled that i looked at was there, the new owner hit a tree, and now he got insurance, and the insurance company is bringing it to the junk yard, cosmetic damage, probobly need a new cowling, new bumper, i looked inside the sled, everything in the motor compartement wasnt damaged or touched, tunnel just tweaked i think a little thats what the mechanic told me, i think the arms are a little bent, skis are off of each other only but a few inches, and i think thats about it, track is good, studded, i was thinking of either finding that insurance company and asking how much for it or going to the junk yard and buying it there. i thought of maybe parting it out in town and on ebay or my dad knows good mechanics, and maybe striping the sled down adn fix like the tunnel and other stuff like that plus i would know how to do it to my sled because its the same thing as mine, what should i do?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Depends on what you cant get it for.

If the price was right I'd take it. you got parts for yours OR you can fix it up and have a 2nd sled.. or sell it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exactly, i just gotta find which insurance is the one with the sled

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
damn.............use the spell check before you post!!!!!!!!!I quit trying to read it after the first 5 words....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is no mistake in the first 5 words, happy i made it better, stop criticising me your not perfect, keep your comments to yourself

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i'd have to say buy it swap the parts onto yrou sled and then youd also have extra parts for yoru sled.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think you should buy it, if it is a reasonable price. Part it out and sell the parts on ebay and try to make more money than what you bought it for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts