Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if i would take out my mirrors if it would effect the the hood in anyways? and the hood is plastic
and is 91 91 good for compression on a 96 xcr 440 motor??
after 6000 miles is it time to clean the carbs ??
What would be the best gearing for it also i would like mostly bottom and a little of midrange and top end?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by POLARISXC440
[br]i was wondering if i would take out my mirrors if it would effect the the hood in anyways? and the hood is plastic
and is 91 91 good for compression on a 96 xcr 440 motor??
after 6000 miles is it time to clean the carbs ??
What would be the best gearing for it also i would like mostly bottom and a little of midrange and top end?
No, it shouldn't
No, it's not
Yes
I don't know

Bryan

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
taking out the mirrors will leave 2 holes on each side, no biggy.

91 and 91 is pretty low for that motor, polaris reccommends new rings when there is 10% difference in PSI or if they go below 100PSI i believe...

I would clean the carbs, should be done prior to every season, and that sled is already geared low, look at clutching.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I would concentrate on the compression problem first. If it goes any lower than 80 psi it won't run worth a lick. But before you get paranoid you should try a different compression gauge first. I've had a few lying gauges before.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
already did try different gauges they all say the same
and i already did the clutching i got 10`s for weights and a red spring for the primary and a yellow for the secondary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts