Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Polaris XLT Touring sled. I thought this question would be answered by the owner's manual which I just purchased, but it is not addressed specifically. It has to do with the hand warmer and thumb warmer switches.

There are two "rocker" switches in the middle of the handlebars. The one on the right is for the hand warmers. Middle is off, bottom is low, and top is high. The one on the left is for the thumb warmer. However, on that switch the designation is not for high and low. The top is designated as "On", the middle is "Off" and the bottom is "On" again (rather than high and low).

I cannot really determine what the difference is between the top and bottom setting for the thumb warmer. There is certainly a heating difference in the high and low settings for the hand warmers, but for the thumb I just don't get it. Anyone know? Thanks -

Scott

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Thumb warmer states off, high, and low but I can not tell the difference either. I guess the thumb throttle is so small there is not much surface to notice it that much...By the way my sled is a 2003 800ho Summit and still not noticable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My thumb is two position also. Burn, freeze, burn.

That never happened on my doo. It was frozen solid or partially move your fingers.

LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talked with a dealer today. He cleared it up. The thumb warmer switch has On - off - On just so that they could use the same type of switch as the hand warmer. Simple!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Originally posted by scottjohnson
[br]Talked with a dealer today. He cleared it up. The thumb warmer switch has On - off - On just so that they could use the same type of switch as the hand warmer. Simple!
Yhanks Scott: that eplains a lot. I do know that wearing heavy gloves you can not feel the heat as well as compaired to lighter gloves.[:D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts