1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum....
Had a few reads, great stuff...
Question:

I hav a 96' xcr 440 sp, and i planned on buying a 99' xcr sp suspension as an upgrade. (the guy told me its an upgrade). Its a 121", both, so I thought it would fit, 23" spread between bolt mounts. Anyone know if it fits or is an upgrade?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It will fit, yes. Upgrade? Not much. It has the newer swirl pattern bogey wheels (whoop-dee-doo). Technically it is called an "Xtra-10 Race", very minor difference in the rails than your extra 10. You already have fox shocks on both torque arms, so your sled already rides pretty nice. The only real upgrade is that skid has the Fox Position Sensitive Shock on the rear torque arm. It's a great shock, don't get me wrong, it's better than an ordinary Fox rear shock (Position Sensitive automatically adjusts dampening to how much abuse it's taking). But it's not enough to justify buying a whole rear skid. You Would be able to find just the FOX PS shock on ebay for much less than half of the whole rear suspension.

A REAL upgrade would be sliding an Edge suspension under the tunnel. But that involves relocation the mounting holes.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The 99 XCR 440 SP was the EDGE racer. The suspension was not very reliable from what I have read. Most will tell you to go with production Edge or a Pro x.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
It will fit, yes. Upgrade? Not much. It has the newer swirl pattern bogey wheels (whoop-dee-doo). Technically it is called an "Xtra-10 Race", very minor difference in the rails than your extra 10. You already have fox shocks on both torque arms, so your sled already rides pretty nice. The only real upgrade is that skid has the Fox Position Sensitive Shock on the rear torque arm. It's a great shock, don't get me wrong, it's better than an ordinary Fox rear shock (Position Sensitive automatically adjusts dampening to how much abuse it's taking). But it's not enough to justify buying a whole rear skid. You Would be able to find just the FOX PS shock on ebay for much less than half of the whole rear suspension.

A REAL upgrade would be sliding an Edge suspension under the tunnel. But that involves relocation the mounting holes.

Thanks so much for the feedback... i thought that was the case, but wasn't sure. Ditch the suspension idea, cool. Non-da-less... I am going to get the rip saw and ski's off the deal..

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
tnmemr said:
The 99 XCR 440 SP was the EDGE racer. The suspension was not very reliable from what I have read. Most will tell you to go with production Edge or a Pro x.
Ahh yes my mistake. I knew there was '99 440 edge, but I thought there was still a 440 xcr sp in a '99 Gen II body.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
tnmemr said:
Ahh yes my mistake. I knew there was '99 440 edge, but I thought there was still a 440 xcr sp in a '99 Gen II body.
there was,,,, just not the SP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts