Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what kind of sled is best for snocross racing and trail riding. Ive looked at the IQRS[/color=blue] and i really really liked them. but then i really liked the revs and the xp-s. i kinda wanna stay wit ski doo or Polaris.. (racing+trail riding) im not much of a cat fan...

i started racing this year and lookin for a good race sled for next year but i do go trail riding with my dad and his friends when i dont race.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Are you looking to run an ISOC or USCC series, or are you just looking to run amateur races? ISOC has a ton of sled requirements such as running a fully stock sled ( Gas tank, unless its an OEM replacement, seat, unless you want to add padding, engine, even pistons have to be OEM brand ), unless your racing an Open class of course. At the same time though, running an Open class means your most likely going to be running 100+ octane, and are going to be tuning before every race, so trail riding is out of the question.

I'm a Ski-Doo fan, but I personally think the IQr is the best race sled choice out there. Next I would go with a Rev, then a SnoPro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im just racing amateur races now. Since it will be my 2nd year racing next year im gonna race the same class (trail junior stock class). I just wanna get a better sled than my 99 xc 500. I love the race sled looks but im gonna be trail riding with my dad in between races to so idk. My uncles got a sweet rev and i like the way it rides so i was thinking a rev or Polaris iqr 440.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i gotta buy it used :/ i no its probably gonna be already beat but thats ALL the money i got right now..

·
Registered
567 Posts
what size motor you wantin to go with and like crusher said go with iqr then rev then sno pro i have a 01 sno pro for sale now and i ridden my buddys iqr 440 and his iqr is so much smoother

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Honestly, the Rev 440 is by far the funnest sled I've ever been on. I have no opinion on the IQr. I dont really like how they feel though.

If your not very smart around a wrench though, I'd keep clear of any 440 race sled. They require constant tuning to be top notch.

What price range are you looking for?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
u should try to get a 440 pro-x that is just a thought. the iq does feel weird at first but u should get used to it i like it because it feels like a dirtbike sometimes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts