Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to snowmachining and shiet like that. I was just wonderin cause Im just gettin down the feel of the machine adn dont want to screw up my parents machine. So I was wonderin is there any good advice for whatu do for the more higher air u get on ur machine. Cause Im just gettin down the basics this winter then enxt winter when I get my RX1 im gonna go all out but dont want to go suicidal so doin the safe thing first. Well l8r.

God gave us a thumb.. He also gave the snowmachine a throttle :)

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
My advice would be learn how to land properly, no matter what the situation, you will never always land the same way. Also, know how to handle your machine.

Today a guy was about 17' in the air, trying to do a triple, he came up short, and had he hit the throttle, he probably would have just bottomed out, but his nose hit and he broke the windsheild with his face/nosepiece on his helmet.

He knew what he was doing though, but like I said, anything can happen (well, i didn't say that before, but I did now...) Just be careful, and if you are gonna be stupid, make sure you don't mangle other people.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COol. Yeah I figured that out and if im gonna die i aint diin for doin somethin stupid. I will work my way up before I just try something.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Keep the sled straight and even while in the air. Grab the brake to tip forward, push the throttle to tip back and lean, etc... Go easy on both brake and throttle. They make more of a difference then you would think. When I jump, I usually head for the jump with some speed, then let off the throttle right when I hit the end of it. Just some advice for ya.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
55 Posts
Perfect advice ercik.

Start slow and don't over-do the throttle. Get your speed early, and stay level with the sled, land 1st, then go go go................

(o;

DNO.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Yep, don't stay on the gas all the way on the jump. This prevents going all vertical in the air with the machine, and it saves the face of the jump.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok cool that helps a bunch. here is some advice to u. Dont let a person that is inexperienced ride ur sled. Even if its over a few bumps. Because they can manage to screw that up.. I just found that out the hardway today *couph**couph*$200*couph**couph*Windshield & that thing it sits on *couph**couph* :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts