Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 polaris which im sure all of you know is very easy to start without a key by unplugging the wires to the ignition. and im always very scetchy about parking it anywhere where it will be out of my site because it would be so easy to steal so i was wondering does anybody know any tricks or anyting i could buy that would help me out, i've thought about chaining it throught the skis to something but theres not always a large tree or telephone pole and also you never know who might have bolt cutters
thanks, chris

The Snowbelt starts in Camden!

T.C. Riders' scenic and superbly groomed trails are your

GATEWAY to the TUG HILL!
/snofan/../images/users/95INDYSPORT-NY/top2.gif

POLARIS--THE ONLY WAY OUT

·
Registered
277 Posts
Polaris makes what is called a 'throttle lock'. It goes on you handlebar and underneath the throttle or thumb lever so it can not be depressed. You can go to your Polaris dealer and get one or Dennis Kirk sells them. If you go on ebay, there is one for sale right now thats really cheap. Its item #1871904210. Its small enought to carry in your trunk or other compartments. Or just by a Smith and Wesson.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
892 Posts
My brother in law has an earlier Indy with the same problem. What he does is turn the gas off if we stop anywhere. That way if someone steals it they will not get too far. He is betting that they will not try to troubleshoot the problem.

Not full proof, but an option.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes2.gif

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha i like your idea about the smith and wesson

I think i will buy a throttle cop i just found it in my dennis kirk magazine thanx for the ideas

/snofan/../images/users/95INDYSPORT-NY/top2.gif

POLARIS--THE ONLY WAY OUT

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Chris! I live in Hagaman, NY , by the Great Sacandaga Lake. I see you live up in the Adirondacks. Where abouts? You ever ride Moose River Plains or Speculator?

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts