Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to do the radar runs this year, but i need eather a tether or a throttle over ride. i dont have a tether. i do have a kill switch. will the kill switch count as a throttle over ride? what is a throttle over ride?

·
Registered
486 Posts
they said that at a grass drag i attendend. so we put baling twin around plug boots and tied it to out vest. kind of riged but it allowed us to race.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
it's pretty easy to install a tether and they are relatively cheap, in the $15 range.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Customized is right,very cheap and can save a lot of damage to your sled if you fall off.Next time your riding down a trail hit your kill switch and see how quick your sled stops.Then go the same speed and just let off your throttle.The tether is connected to you so when if you fall off it kills the engine and sled stops quicker than if it was still idling.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Most tethers are cheap and fairly easy to install if you know what you are doing. I have one on my sled and to be honest I never use it because it is a pain in the ass I think. It's not that it comes out easy but I just hate to have it in the way.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by edgex600rider
[br]Most tethers are cheap and fairly easy to install if you know what you are doing. I have one on my sled and to be honest I never use it because it is a pain in the ass I think. It's not that it comes out easy but I just hate to have it in the way.
using it for trail riding or messing around is irrelavent. you have to use it in racing, mandatory. but yes, they are easy to install.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
^^^ I see what you mean but it came on the sled so whatever. I do some aggressive riding to the point where I should be wearing it but I don't. I had a tether on my old XCR and the only time I didn't have it hooked to me I fell off and my sled just about hit a lady that was walking on the road that my sled went across without me on it. So in a way it could have probably prevented it from going that far. This year I will be wearing it more though. I will have to live with it because I don't want my sled to go to far from me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts