Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i went snowmobiling for the first half it would kinda hesitate and spudder then would take off and work fine. i took a break went out again and it was good for the rest of the day and did not hesitate does any one know what could of casued this

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sounds like dirty carbs or bad fuel. Clean the carbs, start with fresh fuel, and a set of new spak plugs. Let us now what you find. Good luck.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i might know what it was u know how you have that premium switch and regular swtich i had it on the premium switch when i forgot my uncle had put regular gas in my machine u think that would of done it because doesn that affect the timing or something

·
Registered
460 Posts
it does affect timing, have the same switch on my sled. mine also did sputter, tried playing with the switch, did not seem to make a difference, cleaned the carbs and made sure that i drained all the gas out and started over with fresh stuff, no more studder

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
If it was your first ride then it was stale fuel in the carbs/system. And only use Champion RN57YCC plugs in that sled. I run only regular fuel in my sleds with the key on premium! Overjetted specs from Polaris allow this, but I also have a tempaflow and jetted leaner on the bottom to mid-range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts