Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everybody uses to clean the dust and grime off their hoods. I was going to use armorall but was told it dries everything out. Is this true? If so what should I use? Thanks, Zach

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I use soap and water and after I get all the dirt off I use pledge on the plastic. Keep it away from the seat it gets really slick.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I always put a light coat of wax on the hood while its warm out. TECH WAX helps keep snow and ice from sticking and building up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have also heard to use pledge on the plastic from a couple of people. I try to get a coat of wax on before the season begins.

·
Registered
364 Posts
turtle wax ice quick detailer its the best and it all i ues

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Wash it with soap and water. Then a couple coats of good quality wax. Itll shine bright and snow will fall off the hood.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Honda plastic cleaner and polish GREAT STUFF gets break dust off my bikes WHITE rim and make the sled look SUPER FLY. LOL

·
Registered
99 Posts
a good tough degreaser spray works good to get grease and jirt and dust off of like skis and running boards, im a little skeptical of spraying under the hood though becuase i dont wanna get the wrong thing wet and screw it all up, does any body have any thing to say about cleaning under the hood?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help. As soon as we get a warm day I'm gonna clean her up.

·
Registered
586 Posts
no offense, but hopefully we wont get a warm day again for a long time[:D]

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Yup!!! Soap & water followed by a couple coats of good wax will do it! After that theres a bunch of good auto spray quick detailers with wax to keep it lookin good after riding and it only takes a few seconds, best to use in a warm areas though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I use black majic spray detailer on the plastics, 409 around the engine area and a touch of armorall on the sides of the seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts