Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i have a recreation supply ordering book which has parts numbers for all selds and everything else for sledding but im looking under clutch springs(polaris) and its shows a diagram that shows lb force to spring compression ... now my question is when plain spring is at 70lbs it shows that it would be fully compressed to 1.25 inches but when the almond red spring is at 160 lbs force its is fully compressed at 1.25 inches now i understand that, but which would be better a spring more in the middle or is it just preference on how high you want the engine reving before the clutch kicks in to full power

thaNK YOU

·
Registered
295 Posts
when selecting a spring,you need to know free length,compressed load and load at full shift.free length will tell you if the spring has taken a set.compressed load is your engagement rpm.load at full shift will determine wot throttle rpm and will determine whether the rpm stays the same,decreases while shifting out or increases while shifting out.you don't need a high compression load to get your target rpm at engagement.a ramp with a notch will do that,to an extent.if you want a spring with a high engagement rpm,this will affect the shift speed and you probably will have to play with the weight on the ramps.no,actually you will? if you find the rpm's are increasing at wot you'll need a spring with less rate. if you find the rpm's are decreasing at wot,you'll need a spring with more rate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts