Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just broke the choke switch off my mom sled (97 xlt limited sp) tryign to get it started. now my question is how do i get it started? and how do i get the switch assembly off?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same problem with my sport 440 when I first got it, the choke broke and it wouldnt start without it. All you have to do is unscrew everything that holds the switch into the dash and replace the choke switch and install.. start it and ride.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I suppose you could put a small nail through the hole (where the pin goes that holds the lever on) and prop it out from behind the nail or have someone pull on the nail when you are pulling. The choke will function then. Understand? Just my quick thought in an emergency.
D

·
Registered
814 Posts
In a pinch, until I could get a repair kit, I have drilled a small hole in what was left of the stem and put a wire loop through big enough so you could get the tip of your finger in there to pull the choke while you pull the starter rope. Not so easy to do all at the same time but it can be done if you really need to get it started. The repair kits are like $10- takes about 5 minutes to put it in.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanxs guys the nail idea worked enough to get her started and onto the trailer. we just went and bought a new choke kit so im fine now. thanxs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts