Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i notice pictures of you guys with your heads showing. On my sled I got a plastic cover over my heads. SHould these be removed for looks? Or is it on for a certain reasons. I ask because i hope to repaint my heads and stuff and if i do what kind of paint do i use.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The paint I would use is some hI temp paint like Enigine enamal found at local walmart, tractor supply. Some hi temp paints have to be cured so paint the head cover and strat the sled up to cure the paint because other paints other than Engine enamal by i think dupont at walmart/tsc will rub off if not cured.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cured ? Like start the engine and the heat will "set" it ?
Originally posted by 1bad.xlt
[br]The paint I would use is some hI temp paint like Enigine enamal found at local walmart, tractor supply. Some hi temp paints have to be cured so paint the head cover and strat the sled up to cure the paint because other paints other than Engine enamal by i think dupont at walmart/tsc will rub off if not cured.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
You have cooling fins on your engine since it isnt liquid cooled. You could remove the plastic shroud to expose the fins and paint them. Your best bet would be to paint the plastic shroud. I wouldnt thing that the plastic gets that hot, so most any paint should work. Try krylon fusion paint. Or better yet just leave it and have it nice and clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.