Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a quick question here boys..
may sound stupid but - is the fusion tank and edge tank same shape. i am wondering because i am looking for a new seat. there are many fusion tanks available, but not many pro x shortys. it doesnt matter to me which one, and i know the shortys fit. just wondering if the fusions fit as well. will the fusion seat fit on edge without major modifications?
thanks
-shawn

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Tanks are different. I have seen them on sleds. I have asked the guys that did it and they said It was a peice of work and they would never do it again.

There are shorty seats on ebay usually every week. Usually go for $300-360.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
There were 1 or 2 on hcs and they said it was tons of work and had to mod other parts of the sled to make it "work"..... Stick with the shorty seat.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shorty seats cost 300 bucks on ebay!? i heard they were close to that brand new! thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another quick questoin - will walker evins shocks off of a prox model fit edge models?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i am pretty sure they fit the front but im not sure about the skid. chances are they do. the price of a shorty seat around were i am brand new is about 500 bucks so paying 300- 360 is not bad.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks bundox. i am not looking for rear shocks, but the front ones yes. my front end seems to be sitting lower then i like. i have a edge x that sits a lot higher in the front end, and i would love for mine to sit that high. i have seen many shocks on ebay and such and was wondering if thoes pro-x would fit. thankks. and yes, i now realize how expensive thoes seat are, WOW!.
-shawn

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
if it is sitting low and you pull up on the front and the skis dont lift up then you could just get new springs. you could pick up new springs and rebuild you shocks im geussign they are fox.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bought a shorty seat. its silver so she looks kinda funny. this summer i may put new bellypan, trailing arms, hood, skis.. just to match the seat. if only i could just get the seat recolored?!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Just buy a new cover for the seat.

unless you just need an excuse to get all new accessories[;)]

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha. you wouldnt believe what i just did. i was so mad that my bogie wheels were red, that i stupidly sat down on the cement floor and started to chizzle away at the red cover on my bogie wheels. i thought she would just pop off. but oh boy was i wrong. 3 hours later, i had gotten most of the red off my wheel, but DESTORYED the bogie wheel itself. i need a new bogie wheel. it is the one all the way back, the one that the track wraps around. Anyone know what size it is, and where i can get a new one. when i was prying again it, i heard a snap. i dont want to take any chances because im going into moosehead area next weekend. looking to put on 200 plus. i dont want that bogie wheel to break on me when im 100 miles from home. please if anyone knows what size they are and/or where i can get one please let me know. thank you
-shawn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts