Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '95 Cougar used. The handwarmers work fine. The tach has an indicator light that's either green or blue and supposed to indicate when the handwarmers are on, but it doesn't light. Did these lights come working for my sled, or only for certain models? If broken, I'll probably leave it as it is, since I think it would be distracting and also make me look down all the time thinking a bad indicator light is on.

Also, I've look all over and never found an answer to this so I'll ask it here - How much top end speed do you lose with studs? Just a couple? 5mph? I replaced the original 120 aluminum backer studs in it with 96 of the correct length steel backer studs due to they were too long, and the tips were worn dull. Didn't realize how much more heavy those 96 steel backer studs are over the AL 120 studs, otherwise I would have tried to get the new AL backers or reused the AL ones.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
well personally i think you gain more speed from studs. You add like 10 pounds but it reduces track spin which makes more traction and braking better. You may have dropped 5 mph on ur speedo but that is because of track spin that was spinning and now is not.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
More of a case of better holeshot of putting in studs. Most likely you only lost 1-3 mph off the topend, if any.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts