Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 1
- Purchase hole saw slightly larger then the back of the stud that allows you to remove the center drill. Mine was 1 1/4 and cost me 5 bucks.
[attachment=52826]
and here is the center drill removed
[attachment=52827]

Step 2
- Put track in apartment so its much warmer and beer is closer
[attachment=52828]

Step 3
- Start drilling [:D]
[attachment=52829]

Step 4
- Screw up, slip, and drill a 1 1/4 hole in the carpet of your apartment
[attachment=52830]

Step 5
- After doing half, stop and let the drill cool down (I had too)

Step 6
- Finish.. 144 picks removed. Total drilling time 30 mins.
[attachment=52831]
[attachment=52832]

For Sale- Ultra Light custom track hahaha
Should work sweet for my trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
ya should work fine for a trailer. was drilling the suds out like drilling for studs or what?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
looks like that was a little easier then taking them out by hand. lucky me, my track wasn't studded so i didn't have to do that when i put it on my trailer.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ProXR racer
[br]ya should work fine for a trailer. was drilling the suds out like drilling for studs or what?
haha.. each stud took about 3-5 seconds. Depended on how hard I pushed. Screw impact guns ha

good joke [8D]

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Hahaha, step 4 is great. Nice idea by the way.

·
Registered
985 Posts
i'm not sure that drilling a hole in my carpet would bother me if it looked like that. wow matt, i know you rent, but tell that landlord this isn't the 70's.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^yeah haha.. he is 85 yrs old and lives up stairs. He was probably wondering "Wtf is that kid doing down there now?"

Before I wrecked... I rebuilt my ZRT and JAG suspension in my living room [:D]

Not to be mean, but maybe he will kick the bucket and I can buy his house.. or he will move somewhere. I have told him many times I want it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Great track porting job. Sell it on ebay[:D]

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is sorta a bump. Actual how-to's are getting buried pages back by threads created in the wrong section (in how-to when they shouldn't be)

·
Registered
593 Posts
wut u doin with the studs???

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ I made this thread in 2007. Them studs are looooong gone.

What did you want to do with them? They were rusted solid to the nuts. That reminds me, I have a tin can full of new stud parts to sell.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i was gunna use them for my old pile sled that i found on the side of the road for 15 bucks. pretty much totaled. he hit a tree. lol. but i bought it and it rips so hard for a 500 i want to stud it. dont wanna spend the money tho. it can pull the skis right up aready without studs. its old so i was experimenting one day and chopped off the pipe that comes off the pipe to make the exhaust go out the bottom and put a 3 1/2 inch pipe on there and its really cool. sounds super sick. i wanna drop the motor in a wedge chassis if i can find on for cheap enough. its fun but it looks like crap. and for the parts whats all in there. and sorry bout that i now realize that this is old. lol...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts