Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
no unless you are set up for it, you will not gain any performance, you will probably lose it, if it is a stock sled you could run premuim but that won't do anything for you, your motor is set up for 87 and thats when it will run its best

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. My Viper manuel says to use 93 octane for its best performance, will 103 still make my sled loose power if it says to premium??

:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
You are not going to lose any power running 103 oct. You won't gain any power, but you won't lose it either. you could run 112 and not lose power. Basically 103 is just expensive gas. And believe it or not 87 octane will make more power than 112 because it burns hotter. You would have to set up for it though.

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
http://www.whiteknuckleperformance.com

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
My dad is running 108 in his Viper for grass drags. THat plus synthetic AMSoil puts out an interesting odor. HIs is piped and all though so it could help. Whatever its his money not mine.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The race gas will create more power if you have a high compression motor. Race gas burns longer, it's more like pushing someone all the way across the room vs. regular gas which would just be a forceful shove. Race gas also is more consistent for jetting...and if your motor is made to go real fast you'd probably be adjusting that alot. On a stock motor the only thing you'll lose with race gas is money

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya, this is all true, but if you run less than what the book says you should, you'll have detonation, which will cost ya a set of pistons. basicly, do what the book/dealer tells you. they know the engine well

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Junior:
they know the engine well

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.
[/quote]

I would hope so.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts