Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I buyed an 1998 Zrt 600 an wow its run like a charm, very fast, very very fast!!!

But my friend have an MXZ 600 1999 with a camoplast full bloc track,

Do you think I can win again his MXZ, 1/4 miles run or more....

Thanks
[}:)] ZRT 600 1998

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have a friend yhat has a 98 600 ZRT. For a 600 it is pretty fast. I would say the ZRT will beat the MXZ. Riley

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I had a friend with the ski-doo 600 and he had a can and a minor clutch job... that thing flew! easily beat the artic 600 twin. So it might be close till you get to the top end on that triple. Make the race longer and you stand a better chance of winning.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I think it will be pretty close. MXZ will take you off the line, but given enough distance, and your ZRT should pass him up. I'd say 1/4 mile you'll win.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Stock to stock the ZRT will win. You have the horsepower advantge, but he has the weight advantage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[:eek:)]

Thanks, thats what i think to!!

I've try my ZRT for the first time this weekend and wow! its fast for a 600 !!!!
I will let you know when I'll race im!!

[}:)] _WaRiO_

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I have a 1996 ZRT 600, and it will take an SRX 700 in 1/4, so I say the ZRT willblow the doors off the MXZ 600.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by ZRT 600
[br]I have a 1996 ZRT 600, and it will take an SRX 700 in 1/4, so I say the ZRT willblow the doors off the MXZ 600.
Hmm..

I doubt your ZRT will beat ANY SRX 700 unless it's all tricked out.

The reason I say this is because I've seen a bone stock SRX 700 smoke a ZRT 800 before..

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
All that's done to it is the clutching. It was very close with the SRX 700, I know a guy that road with the guy I got my sled off of, and he said he saw the guy run 115MPH in 2000 Feet, I didn't believe it until I got on the sled, this thing is unbelievable. I've seen an SRX 700 beet a ZRT 800 to, but the new ZRT's are clutched right down, I have different springs, a black magic helix, a friend of mine cut it for best preformance, and I think it might have aftermarket reeds, I am going to check for them this spring.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
[br]I say the ZRT willblow the doors off the MXZ 600.
I don't think so at all. I wil have to go with the MXZ...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I think off the line and through most of the race the MXZ will take it but those ZRT 600s are fast, all the old triples have top out the ass. My old XCR 600, everyone I ride with agreed if we were racing across the lake say a couple miles I would win every time. Short races like 600 or even 1/4 I would have my butt handed to me on a silver platter. I could see ZRT600's sled beating a SRX in short races like 1/4 or 600 footers but long runs I don't. Could happen though. I have never seen an SRX do well in any races where I was personally present.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
The older a stock ZRT is the faster it is, the clutching is different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
;O)

I love my sled !
maybe later I will tune the clutch and change the reed, but right now its amazing!
But I screwed the track this week-end,
check my other post to help me for the choice of the track!!!

[}:)]_WaRiO_ ZRT 600 '98
Born with GreeN blOOd, Live with GreeN blOOd [:p]

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
After owning my "possesed" ultra and witnessing different sleds over the years, I have come to the conclusion that every once in a while for unobvious reasons a really fast version of a sled comes around. My ultra that ski-doo and sounds like ZRT 600s cat fall into this phenomonon. Everyone probably knows of one.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
I have a 96 ZRT 600 and this is my second year with him. I say him because this thing has got some ba!!Z. I raced him once against 4 polarisis, 2 500's. 1 600 trip. and i don't know what the other one was. a 6 or 700. Anyways. In like 250 yds, I was 2-3 school bus lengths in head of them all. They couldn't believe it and would talk to me because they thought that I was lieing when I told them that it only had a clutch kit and UFO's in the carbs with 93 oct and Picks. The sled is a fast sled, 600 or not, 100+ mph is fast enough. And about the twin vs. triple debate, I don't know about that because my ZRT is almost reved out within 1.5 seconds of hitting the throttle. If I was on that ZeRT I wouldn't be scared at all. :) just my experience with the sled.
ps. The guy that I got this sled from, fell into a srx 700. That is why he sold the ZeRT. He said that they would be right with each other up to 90, then the srx would slowly pull away. But the zrt would still be going. He raced it against other zrt's and won everytime. Even against other modded ZRT's. So, I believe in that phenomonon also. Some slow, some fastttttttttttttt. POOF!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wario,I know you have a smile on your face at the end of the race,also you'll have an unhappy buddy who will be off buying aftermarket parts real soon so he can keep up. But I'm not going to say which one is faster cause that might be brand bashing and I don't want to do that!
He'll get over it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[br]I have a 1996 ZRT 600, and it will take an SRX 700 in 1/4, so I say the ZRT willblow the doors off the MXZ 600.
i think the zrt will take the mxz...dunno for sure..be close...as far as the srx goes...there some fast 1's...there some slow 1's....have seen the 600 zerts beat it in 1000 ft...depends how they hook up.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Ya there were perfect conditions for my ZRT, and the SRX driver wasn't the best.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The ZRT should tear past on the top end, stock HP is 125 on the ZRT not sure on the MXZ but 110-115 is probably a good guess. Just as important if not more so is the ability of the rider. Do you know how to make the thing hook up. OK I bleed green but I think you will take him in the 1/4. Could have something to do with how much more wieght you carry too. I not a little guy 6'5" 250 and everyone is amazed when someone out runs me. I didn't buy it to be the fastest, just wanted to keep up with those little guys on the mod 700's.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts