Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone [:)]

Well, my buddy got a newer sled, he bought a 1992 Formula Plus 583 RAVE with 8000km's on the sled and 4000km's on the engine.

I was wondering what would win if we drag raced on hard packed snow. I have studs, he dosnt, my sled is an 1989 Ski-Doo MX 462 with 3800km's on the sled and 1000km's on a completely rebuilt motor.

I think i will get him out of the hole and pull him for a while until the RAVE kicks in and he catches up and passes me. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I would agree you might get him out of the whole (you have studs) after that he should pull past you. I dont think he would have a huge lead maybe a sled length or two.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i'm thinkin you might be seeing taillights from the word go. more cc's plus rave, not to mention those sleds hauled ass for that particular era. any other surface than hardpack you would have alot better chance[:)]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too brag but my sled hauls ass too. I've had my sled doing 160km/h. IT has amazing accelartion. If he did win I wouldnt be too far behind

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i'm not sellin' the 462 short by no means, it's just that i had a 93 formula plus and a 91 indy 500 and the plus would shred the 500 something ugly. but more power to ya, if the 462 can run down the 583, then your doin something right. also, i could of swore that the 92 formula plus had a 580 non-rave, correct me if i'm wrong..[:)]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are correct but this one has a motor out of a formula z :( oh yeah the plus would smoke the indy. should be a good race me and him hopefully winter comes soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
160km/h seems way high for a 440.... Maybe that is what your speedo says tho...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Originally posted by mx_462
[br]I've had my sled doing 160km/h. IT has amazing accelartion.
Oh boy, here we go again. Go to the "my sled" forum to read what everyone thinks about far fetched speeds. I think the topic is entitled something about HP for a 1990 Indy 400. 462cc's no variable exhaust. Nope, it isn't gonna go 100 MPH. Keep dreaming though.

[br]its a 470 liquid, and the speedo is correct.
No, the speedo isn't correct. The speedo is wrong on 99.9% of all the sleds out there. If it's stock speedo, it's wrong. Everyone knows this.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Deja 'Vu... Where?? :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
No offense but I have a 91 Formula MX with a built 470 and 144 studs (minus a good pipe) , and mine won't get to 160 - about 145/150 is all I can pull (speedo speed) Now mine is also at stock gearing but still, 160 must be down a good long hill! Mine is a 91 Formula MX that is 40 over with a ported exhaust, heads milled ten thou, UFO's in the stock carbs rejetted to match, and TRA clutch set to engage at 7600 rpm....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Oh ya, to the original topic, my brotherinlaw has a 92 Mach 1 (617 and unstudded with a new 1.25" agressor track and about 9000km on it) and after my rebuild he and I raced a rough quarter mile of hard packed back road and I won by about 50ft, but the rear drive blowing out of my sled and the middle drive wheel shooting at him may have slowed him down a bit.... Moral of the story is the 470 w/studs may get the lead, but it's how you keep it that matters.....And sorry on the previous post now that I'm reading it, it should reat max at 7600rpm.... Don't know what I was thinking.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey larry what jets are u running in it right now? Just wondering...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]
[br]I've had my sled doing 160km/h. IT has amazing accelartion.
Oh boy, here we go again. Go to the "my sled" forum to read what everyone thinks about far fetched speeds. I think the topic is entitled something about HP for a 1990 Indy 400. 462cc's no variable exhaust. Nope, it isn't gonna go 100 MPH. Keep dreaming though.

[br]its a 470 liquid, and the speedo is correct.
No, the speedo isn't correct. The speedo is wrong on 99.9% of all the sleds out there. If it's stock speedo, it's wrong. Everyone knows this.
You could have just replied to the orignal post.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Actually my quotes are from your various replies.

Plus I don't think I need your advice on how to reply to posts on MY FORUM.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts