Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well well well. I got to race some f-7s on some pretty equal ground today. I have 96 pics in my sled. they had 144-192 studs depending on sled(there were several of them) in a 250' race I put a 300 lbs guy on my sled and a 150 lb guy on the f-7's. all sleds had equal traction since the fat man driving my sled had no finnesse on the throttle. with 96 pics you let the sled hook up and than pass people. he decided to flat out slam the gas from the word go. its amazing how much ice 96 little pics can shred up.
traction was very equal or the cats even had more with the big guy on my sled. when the big guy drove my sled at the end of 250' the cats lost by an easy 2-3 sled lengths. with a same size driver on the sleds on one that could use a little self control on the throttle to let the sleds hook up he never had to floor mine to win. with me on it at 500' was a shut out not even remotely close.

whoever said you cant drag race with a 1.44 gear ratio must not have had a big triple. even with good traction and that high ratio she still pulled like a rapped ape!!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
excellent.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]well well well. I got to race some f-7s on some pretty equal ground today. I have 96 pics in my sled. they had 144-192 studs depending on sled(there were several of them) in a 250' race I put a 300 lbs guy on my sled and a 150 lb guy on the f-7's. all sleds had equal traction since the fat man driving my sled had no finnesse on the throttle. with 96 pics you let the sled hook up and than pass people. he decided to flat out slam the gas from the word go. its amazing how much ice 96 little pics can shred up.
traction was very equal or the cats even had more with the big guy on my sled. when the big guy drove my sled at the end of 250' the cats lost by an easy 2-3 sled lengths. with a same size driver on the sleds on one that could use a little self control on the throttle to let the sleds hook up he never had to floor mine to win. with me on it at 500' was a shut out not even remotely close.

whoever said you cant drag race with a 1.44 gear ratio must not have had a big triple. even with good traction and that high ratio she still pulled like a rapped ape!!!
what do u ride?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
an indy 500 with 38 mm carbs. lol

an xcr 800 with my own magic on the motor.

·
Registered
252 Posts
From seeing some of your other posts I figured you were a guy that know's how to set his sled up.
Good job now the other guys have something to try and beat!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
if you have the horspower arent you afraid of ripping up 96 pics? doesnt seem like enough? also if youre runnng a 1.44 you must reallyhave some power for short distance runs. them clutches must be set up just right.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey Madcow, most respect to you. But are you posting that you toasted a bunch of stock F7's with your highly modified XCR 800?? Just a question. That scares the S*** out of me to race one with my stock XCR.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they were stock. I am modded. but since we were only going 250' we put the 300 lb guy on my sled and then they had better traction. them f-7s can really hook up with trail studs. i was worried one time. he stopped spinning and started moving and my sled was still spinning bad.

a bone stock xcr might need some distance or play with the suspension to get traction. its amazing how them cats hook up.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Right on man!
Well buddy has a Sabercat 700EFI bone stock so I'll let you know how I do.
Called him yesterday and the kitty didn't want to come out and play...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts