Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im from central minnesota and I was wondering if anyone knew where to start as to finding Snowmobile races in the minnesota area I am looking at investng in a Iqr 600 but I am also interested in maybe even entering the XLT if there are available classes to race it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
There's a couple places to keep your eyes peeled.

For big money races, the amsnow forum is a good candidate. They tend to have all the big-show races listed.

For back yard grass drags, look at your local craigslist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
your out of dassel?! got some good trails over there. i used to work at watkins, i would ride from eden valley down by dassel and up to freeport. some fun spots along the ways.

cseracing.com usually posts speed runs on there website.
nssrracing.com has a list but they only do a few runs a year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
depends wut type of racing(cross country, snox, hillx, or drags
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
they used to have a snow cross race in kimball each year. dont know if they still do?

15 years ago there used to be a ton of amature held small snow cross events. it had lots of dealer sponsored riders but no factory guys. the parking lots would fill up with pickups and two place trailers. there would be a handfull of 5th wheels for the big money guys.
you can thank your magazines and factorys for killing that. you cant find any small ones around anymore. if you do in the sport class you will find it filled with pro's kids or proffesional moto cross guys that there sponsor bought them a sled to keep in shape with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kimball still does the annual Sno X every year but im pretty sure that is just for the big money guys which wouldnt be a bad career if one is good enough I hope to find out if I am lol but like I said I would also like to find some cross country or anything small time I could race my XLT in until I buy the Iqr.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
take your dad or mom to kimball with you. there used to be a sport class. dont be afraid to take the xlt. sport class is loaded with great talent. its not as amature as you think. but its a great race to see if you like it or not.

if you want a race by you why not talk to your local club, lions or jaycee's and see if you can get a little run started. thats how the princeton grass drags started. just a small get together, now look at it. all you have to start out with is a pasture or field some cones and a couple friends. make whatever course you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
madcow said:
take your dad or mom to kimball with you. there used to be a sport class. dont be afraid to take the xlt. sport class is loaded with great talent. its not as amature as you think. but its a great race to see if you like it or not.

if you want a race by you why not talk to your local club, lions or jaycee's and see if you can get a little run started. thats how the princeton grass drags started. just a small get together, now look at it. all you have to start out with is a pasture or field some cones and a couple friends. make whatever course you want.
LOL my mom and dad I am 27 and have two kids of my own I dont think I need mom and dad to come with I should be fine on my own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
lmao! sorry about that, then take the wife and kids and give it a whirl!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,546 Posts
There is the Buffalo River Speedway by Dilworth MN, just east of Fargo/Moorhead. I think they have some amateur sno x in the winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Hey not sure if you have heard of these suggestion yet, but I figured I will let you know what I know.

First off the USCC is the cross country racing I am involved in. www.usccracing.com is the web site. It is an awesome sanction to be apart of, but most the races are far up north. On top of that, your trail sled would not be to great of a fit for it. Of the two races I attended last year, probably at least 99% of the sleds in the sport 600 class were race sleds for cross country.

Secondly check out ERX in elk river, MN. http://www.erxmotorpark.com/ is the site. Its a snocross track but they have whats called a grassroots series that looks to be for more amateurs. I have never raced there but it looks like a good deal from what I can tell. And inexpensive compared to other race organizations. They may even have a good class for your XLT.

Another option is called IRace series over in wisconsin. They have snocross and a couple cross country races this year. Some races are closer to you and me than others. http://www.glqra.com/irace/index.html

The last thing I will mention is hillcross which happens toward the end of the season which is nice. Not sure if they have a class for your XLT, but a IQR sure would work. They are also mainly in MN. http://www.msraracing.com/

Just watch out because it is addicting!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,951 Posts
I know theres a hillclimb (more of a hill drag) around new ulm. my friends go. theres older and new sleds there. theres a bunch of different classes. ill be going this year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
MuscleD said:
I know theres a hillclimb (more of a hill drag) around new ulm. my friends go. theres older and new sleds there. theres a bunch of different classes. ill be going this year!
Oh yeah! Here is the link to last years posting about it.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/352-general-snowmobile-forum/464238-snowmobile-hillclimb-south-central-minnesota.html

I went to it. The trophy class has every type of class in it, from trail 500's to racing mods. Fun time for sure! The track was great for all sleds. It had two "jumps" going up the hill. I would recommend it to anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,951 Posts
ArcticcatkidZR600 said:
MuscleD said:
I know theres a hillclimb (more of a hill drag) around new ulm. my friends go. theres older and new sleds there. theres a bunch of different classes. ill be going this year!
Oh yeah! Here is the link to last years posting about it.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/352-general-snowmobile-forum/464238-snowmobile-hillclimb-south-central-minnesota.html

I went to it. The trophy class has every type of class in it, from trail 500's to racing mods. Fun time for sure! The track was great for all sleds. It had two "jumps" going up the hill. I would recommend it to anyone.
im going to enter my sled in a few classes just to race more for fun. i cant wait to try it out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
www.naytahwaushnightriders.com
www.bigstonesnoriders.com
Here is a couple smaller races in minnesota that they have every year and both have classes for your xlt.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top