Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 xlt and i want to move the radiators to the top inside of the track tunnel like on my friends mxz has any one done this and is it a good system? it just makes sense to me that it would be cooler there?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would leave them alone the running board design was the better way IMO. Polaris change to the undertunnel design when they went to higher sitting sleds possibly they found not enough snow dust was kicked up to cool running board design. Over heating was never a problem in the old chassis.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
On an Xlt in addition to the running board coolers, there is one in the tunnel in front of the track.You should not be having any cooling issues with this setup. If you are overheating, you may have a different problem. There is also a nosecone cooler available that you can add.

·
Registered
111 Posts
the 96 ultra i just bought has had this done. the running board ones are gone, and so is the front. the one down the tunnel runs almost the full length of it. do u think i'll have a problem? should i find some and put the running board ones back on? i think they took them off for weight, this whole sled has lightweight stuff

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
frcustoms, the heat exchangers on the running boards also help strengthen the running board.

fullthrottlemod, I think you will be fine. I wonder if the Ultra may have came like that. I think some of the RXLs were that way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i guess ill leave it. last year is was getting warm when i was on the trails and i had to stop and put snow on them to cool it off and it would run better. any ideas or should i just get some scratchers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts