Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is from MnUSA (Minnesota United Snowmobilers Association) and was sent to club reps this past Friday.
This money comes from a variety of places including the tax we pay for gas used in snowmobiles and also from our trail permit tags.

> > RE: Raid on dedicated account
> >
> > We have just received information that the Governor’s Supplemental
> > Budget transfers $267,000 from the snowmobile dedicated account to the
> > General Fund. Although this claims to be a one time only transfer,
> > this sets a precedent that the funds paid by snowmobilers to create
> > and support the snowmobile trail system, are open to other uses.
> > Contact your legislators and tell them this is not right - the
> > snowmobile fund is a user pay fund for the snowmobile trail program.
> >
> > Please contact your clubs and let them know how important it is to
> > contact their legislators and to attend the legislative reception on
> > February 24th – 4-7 pm at the Kelly Inn, 161 St. Anthony Ave., St.
> > Paul.
> >
> > Nancy Hanson
[/color=darkblue]

We need to strongly oppose this. Please contact Sen. Tony Lourey (651-296-8881 [email protected] ) and Rep. Bill Hilty (800-788-1329 [email protected] )and/or attend the MnUSA Legislators Reception on Feb 24. Lourey stated he would be there and Hilty is a probable.

If you are not located in District 8A the following websites will provide your rep and senator.
http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/members/hmem.asp
http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/index.php?ls=#header

· Registered
3,442 Posts
Thanks for letting us know.
this is VERY Important.

I will contact my reps.
If the reps. dont hear from us, then they will think it's OK, take a minute to tell them NO!!!

As we know, if they do this once they will to it twice, three times.
Ask New York, they took a million, said they would Never do it again, Now they took another Million.
Think What 2 million could have bought/ done for the NY trails/clubs

· Registered
67 Posts
I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, have no clue in what our money goes too from the registration of out sleds and all that other crap we have to pay into around here. We have no trail systems at all. Its a real piss off. Then they wonder why so many ppl don't get registered. If I lived where you guys do and seen they were takin money for things other then snowmobiles, I would be pissed too as you guys are. Our goverment only cares about taking our money, they put nothing into making trails for us or setting land aside for this use. Same with anything in Nova Scotia, its getting harder and hardewr to off road around here, don't matter if its 4x4 in a jeep, wheeling on a 4/3 wheeler, dirtbikes or snowmobiles. They don't mind taking our money, but make all these rules and inspection laws that make it damn near imposible to do any of these things. I sold my jeep because it cost to much to keep it at there NEW inspection standard. I also refuse to pay for trail tags and registration until we start getting trails around here. Why have to buy trail tags if we have no trails?
There, I'm done ranting, I hope it all works out for you guys, its a low blow for sure.

· Registered
100 Posts
I know ths sounds like a really crazy idea but maybe they should cut back like just about every american has! I know I know what a really crazy idea. Gotta love goverment![thumb]

· Registered
3,442 Posts
^^^ There you go thinking again.
I think they should be Cutting K-12, they have been getting huge increases for the last 20 years, and yet still have there Hands out.

Bad thing about having a account with money sitting in it, they will take it.
They should be keeping smaller amounts of money in there, they do this all the time.

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Welcome to the club...

They tried this in NY 2 years ago, and the snowmobilers stood up and stopped it.

Now they are trying it again, they want to pull 5 million out over the next 5 years.

· Registered
2,324 Posts
SnowAttitude said:
Bad thing about having a account with money sitting in it, they will take it.
They should be keeping smaller amounts of money in there, they do this all the time.
Isn't it sad that the way government works now, you are punished if you are thrifty and have money in your account. If you waste all your money and run out, you are rewarded with more and more AND MORE! Exact opposite of the way it should be. That's why government spending is always inefficient- market forces have no effect on the government.

· Registered
3,442 Posts
yes Rubi, your right.
I worked with a guy that sits on a school board.
they where punished by the state for paying there bills, keeping property taxes low. Having some money on reserve in case they need something fixed,unforseen bill. State cut there funding "big time"

PLEASE People take a minute to stand up and say NO, It worked in New York, we better be able to do it here.

Sorry People of New York.....I forgot, that they DIDNT get the 1 million because people stood up and said NO...see it works.

· Registered
256 Posts
Yeah...i remember they did this in NY. I sent that piece of S*#@ of a so called governor patterson an email for they had his address posted so we could send in all complaints. Whithin 2-3 weeks the money was put back into the account.

The us is falling apart pretty quickly these days...its a shame.

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Yah, you hear no new tax hikes, and the governor is going to use his special powers to balance the budget with or without the legislature. Problem is, he isn't raiding the coffers that he established to hide funds, that's wheere he should be going first. Just like the damn Steel plant that Essar Steel is to build up here, nothing so far, but Pukelenty and Oberstar were up here last week signing off on more money for Essar, who hasn't done a damn thing, foundation was supposed to be in, and plant ready to go in 2011, everyone is getting real nervous up here about when, where, how, and if it doesn't go through, WHY??

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it is most excellent that people are emailing their reps and senators to let them know to keep their hands off our funds.
lets keep it up, the more emails that each of them get the better our chance of defeating this raid.

· Registered
2,124 Posts
DaveMN, with the Greenway Club receiving support from that fund in building new bridges and a new groomer last year, was a blessing to the area. The brigde built was sorely needed for both Sledding and ATV's, and has helped the local economy in Penguilly, can't believe Pukelenty can't cut more of the welfare aid

· Registered
2,433 Posts
Good ole T-Paw.......stealing from Peter to pay Paul!

Pawlentys magic show has no bounds on his "Look at me,Im a conservative" show for the rest of the sheep that applaude his ultra conservative ways?

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Rock said:

Pawlentys magic show has no bounds on his "Look at me,Im a conservative" show for the rest of the sheep that applaude his ultra conservative ways?

I got two words for him Glen, and if you don't mind, I will quote you on them, "FU** YOU" Pukeman!! Had to Rock, you were a classic at the KP Bar!!!

· Registered
2,433 Posts
polaris1man said:
Rock said:

I got two words for him Glen, and if you don't mind, I will quote you on them, "FU** YOU" Pukeman!! Had to Rock, you were a classic at the KP Bar!!!
I hate em all equally!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.