Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an old raider double eagle sitting out back of a house. The guy said that it ran when he parked it 2 years ago, the engine is now seized. There is one spot in the fibeglass that will need a littl repair. He said that he also has a set of new tracks that will go with it. How much is this thing worth?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea where 152 is. It's between Cadillac and Franfort, MI.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
OK, difference machine. I've watched a red raider site behind a guy's house off 152 for 2 years now. Never seems to move. Pick up the Raider. I've always wanted one. I'll be getting one in the spring.

Bryan

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
just dump some marvels mystery oil down the cylinder and let it sit for a few days. that stuff works WONDERS and if its a piston sieze it will unstick that bad boy!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I'd grab it to if I were you, those ol girls are hard to come by anymore...I'd say 2-4 hundred range too...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been looking for a raider for a while now, so I think I'm going to make him an offer on it. maybe I can talk him into throwing in another sled for free

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
You can also try pouring diesel fuel in the engine.

Or try using Kroil, very good stuff.

It takes time, you might have to let it sit, for awhile.

It probably will be the piston that's the lowet that is stuck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
There is a listing for two Raiders in CT on was at 900$ double eagle and the other was around $500. Kept the number to call the guy in the spring to see if still hung onto them. He has dropped the price in the paper to $800 after in for a month

New Year's Day we got over an inch of rain (so far), and looking at high temps reaching 50 for most of the week[:(!].

KROIL is the stuff many ol timers swear by. I got a gallon of the stuff and the can is probably 30 years old thick as molassis. Where can you still buy the stuff?
I never see it around in stores. I found my can collecting dust on a work bench that everything was to be thrown out at from work.

Marvel Mystery Oil is a good item and Wal mart sells the Quarts for cheap. PB Blaster in the yellow can is another must have compared to WD-40 or Liquid Wrench.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts