Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got back in from the garage, spent about 3 hours shining up the machines. I have found that the "Black Magic Tire Wet" that we use on Our cars, is awesome one sleds. Gives all the black on your sled a super glossy black look. Very sharp! Spend the $3.99 and try it your self
[attachment=53001]

What have you guys found that works great?

·
Registered
364 Posts
when the water hit it and sets for a min it will turn White

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, thats odd... I have never had such a problem, and if the Tire wet is used to make your tires look black why would it give a white apperance? Your comment makes no sence to me

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We use Turtle-Max and Black Magic.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Honda ONE polish, Motul Shine N' Go, or AMSOIL Silcone polish. all work pretty well. my favorite is probably the MOTUL, they also make another great product called MotoWash. its awesome on aluminum, i use it on everything but especially my bike.

[attachment=53008]
[attachment=53009]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
blackmagic and armoural mothers and a few others i cant remember

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never tried mothers on my sled. I never actually thought about it, it works great on cars. Might have to give it a shot

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by Sledheadx69
[br]Hey guys, just got back in from the garage, spent about 3 hours shining up the machines. I have found that the "Black Magic Tire Wet" that we use on Our cars, is awesome one sleds. Gives all the black on your sled a super glossy black look. Very sharp! Spend the $3.99 and try it your self
[attachment=53001]

What have you guys found that works great?
looks like a good idea joe ill have to by that[:D]

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I use pledge on my sled. My dad used to have a sled dealership and that's what they used to use back in the day and we continue to use on our current sleds.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
ever tried to armarol(sp?) your seat?

haha my grandma did that and ended up flying off the back of it[:)]

·
Registered
364 Posts
all I'm saying is the stuff is to greasy. when water hits greasy stuff it puddles. when it drys it leaves a White nasty stuff . i did this on my trucks bed cover and thats what it did .i was not saying it don't look good i was just telling you what i had happen to me try the turtle wax ice its one of the best out there for black restore. its not greasy at all. drys clear and its applied just like wax.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
It's funny that you say "rain" becuae it is raining outside as we speak, This would have been a nice storm, but now it not only ruins my chances of sledding, but also ice fishing. I am going to freak the F*&^ out on something.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mother's Back-To-Black. Bests stuff ever for plastics and vinyl.
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-6108-Black-Bumper-Dressing/dp/B0002U1TXK

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
megiuers gold class wax for the hood, armoral for the plastic and seat, mothers billet polish for the tunnel! non sticky silcone spray for the suspention!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I usually wax my sled once a year with anything | can find layin around the garage, never really cared though. For some reason I have never taken much interest in what my sled looked like.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
actaually i have used armoural on my seat but what i di u water ut down like 75percetn water and 25 percent armoural and it works slick and you dont slide off as easily and still keeps iot good lookin

·
Registered
409 Posts
We put armoral and a couple of buddies seats one time when we were going on some twisty trails, they couldnt figure out what was wrong but they sure had shiny seats![:D]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts